"I- I'm sorry." She looked even more concerned by my reaction, "I didn't mean to, I'm sorry," I apologized again, this time wrapping my arms around my knees, as close to the head of the bed as I could- as far from the horde as possible.

         "Lilith, you know what you summoned, don't you?" The headmaster- the earth elite, asked coldly and pushed the glass mage behind him- out of my reach further. His gaze was icy but cautious. I was a threat. I don't want to die.

        "I didn't mean to," I sniveled hiding in my knees, "I just wanted to summon a spirit, I used the familiar summons- I just- why did that have to-" My shoulders shook and I couldn't tell if it was because I was cold or if it was because of the fear racing up my spine like a centipede.

       "A familiar's summon?" He asked softly, while I just fisted my hair in my hands whimpering. The lie the first to come to mind. I didn't know what I did. I wasn't the one that did it. "You summoned a holy beast with a familiar's summon with a closed-off mana core?" He asked angrily. I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. It wasn't going to work. I was going to be found out. They were going to find out.

        "How lucky you are," He ground, the words leaving me to jolt up staring at him with wild eyes.

        "You don't even know what that thing is!" I all but shouted, he jumped at that, while I fisted the sheets under my hand. "I don't want that monster," He looked between my eyes the thought of that being my familiar sickening even if it was a lie. "I- gods! Expel me! Execute me! I- Just do it!" I snapped pulling the sheet around myself and hiding from the lot of them and their prying eyes.

         "Now now, let's not do that." Jolting from under the sheet I slowly pulled it over my head. Relief flooded me just as quickly as tears did my eyes, "My daughter has had a very traumatic experience and I find you all crowded around her? What, are you trying to prosecute the child?"

        "That was not our intention Mr. Windsor-" The water elite was cut off without a bat of a lash.

        "You could fool me," opening her mouth she closed it, stepping away as he walked over, sitting on my bed as I didn't hesitate to jump into his arms.

       "Dad it was- they're terrible!" I sobbed while he hummed. "Why are they called holy? What did I do? I- I just wanted to pass my test but it- it-" I grabbed at his robe roughly.

       "I know dear, they really are horrible creatures," He agreed hugging me softly. "When I first summoned Aranea I had felt the same." Aranea. Father had a holy beast for a familiar. He actually had one of those monsters as a summons. "Have you bound it?" Pushing away from his chest I looked up at my father at the question.

        "No- I- I won't, I won't do it!" I shook my head wildly while he stared at me for a long moment before humming and petting my hair. His hand running through the white patch that had grown, his gaze on it making me still, my gaze dropping.

        "... You're still young, I won't make you do something you don't want to, but a familiar is not for the master to choose. It's the choice of the beast." It wasn't even my familiar. It was something I didn't invite. "Now, do tell me, why does my daughter have such a large scar on her face, headmaster?" He turned his soft gaze to the earth elite, a sharp glare in place as he let the hair fall from his fingers- returning it to frame my face.

        "That was of her own fault-"

        "You mean to tell me that in a place trusted to care for the children of nobles your safety is lacking to the point that not only my child has a scar, what I would guess is a burn scar, covering not just a large portion of her face but the entirety of one of her arms and I can only guess but a large portion of her torso as well?" He asked sharply, looking at the larger man as if he was the very definition of filth.