17

It was an awkward silence as the Uchiha Brat and I researched our explorer. Ever since we entered the library we only exchanged a few words about which books to get. Just seeing him makes me want someone to put me out of my misery. But I try my best to keep my head up.
          "So what? Do you just say he's a murderer? We're grateful he found Peru but he still stole the Incas land and killed them all. Just so he could get rich and recognition. Literally another Christopher Columbus." I annoyingly stated. "I guess. But we have to make it sound like we're grateful." I raise a brow. "For a murderer? We're in Japan." He stays silent. "I hate to agree with you." I scoff. "Aren't I always right?" He was about to retort.
We heard squealing and turn around around. There was a crowd forming at the entrance of the library. Mostly girls. They were blushing and taking pictures.

"Sasuke-kun and Y/n-kun are together!"

"How??"

"That's so hot!"

Our librarian, Jiraiya-Sensei, shushed them and continued writing in his notebook. They stayed quiet but they continued watching us. "How the hell— never mind. I'm not even surprised." I close the books in front of me and get up. "What're you doing?" I sigh. "I'll be checking these out. I can't work in the library with a fan-girl apocalypse is literally outside the door waiting to jump on us."
I walk to the front desk. "I'd like to check these out, Jiraiya-Sensei." He grabs my books. "Still reading the special books?" I nodded. "Still working on your unpublished masterpiece?" He chuckles and nods.
Sasuke came by me and checked out other books. "Unfortunately, if you want to come to my house to finish the project, that'll... be suffice." He stated monotonously. I look at him weirdly. "Why hello there, soldier. When'd you get so fancy?" He rolls his eyes.

          We walk out of the gates of the school together. Everyone— and I mean everyone was staring. I know, it's quite odd to see the top rivals together.

          I entered his humble home. "Wow. Still the same as ever..." I muttered. I take off my shoes and follow Sasuke up the stairs. I enter his room and it was as clear as tap water.

"Still as dull as ever."

"Shut up."

        He plops onto his bed and puts his backpack on his lap. I continue to look around the room, disrespectfully judging. 'I wonder what Itachi's room looks like.'

SLAM!!

I snap my head towards Sasuke, who literally slammed his books on his desk. "Poor desk. What else do you do to it?" He rolled his eyes. "I work." He said as if it were the dumbest question ever. It was pretty awkward. Not a single noise was heard or made. We just... kind of sat there, not knowing what to do. "So. Let's get to work."

          We've studied and reluctantly worked together on our project. Though we were fighting over one thing... The design. "We don't need any decorations." The asshole grumbled out. "They're not decorations. They just make the paper more interesting. It wouldn't be bad highlighting the most important parts." He scoffs. "Which is every fucking part." I glare at him. "As much as I don't want to, I'm trying to work with you here. You're being a complete ass. It was just a suggestion. But of course, you never listen." He turns to me fully.

"I never listen?"

"You never do."

"..."

"..."

"Tch."

"Of course. You have nothing to say."

"Shut up."

          We continue working and revising our work. "So that's a "no" on the highlighting?" He ignored me. "Hey. Yes or no." He groans. "Can't you just be quiet for once? You're so annoying." I roll my eyes. "Dickhead." He kicked my leg. "What the hell was that for—" He put a hand over my mouth. I quickly slap it away. "You're fucking nasty."
         A knock was heard on his door. "I'm busy." He raised his voice. But the person came in anyway. "Oh." It was Itachi. "Y/n." I nodded in greeting. "What're you doing here." I sigh. "I'm his partner for this project." He nodded. "Well... I'll talk to you later. See you tomorrow, Y/n." I nodded as he left.
          ""See you tomorrow, Y/n." I didn't know you were in a relationship with my own brother." I scoff. "We're not in a relationship. We're friends." He stood silent before saying. "Friends? What a joke." He scoffs. "Just shut up and work."

        We had finished everything and I was in a rush of leaving this wretched dump of a room. "I'll see myself out." As I was about to leave, he quickly grabs my arm. "What in the k-drama—" I muttered out but he cut me off.  "What's your relationship with my brother?" I gave him a dirty look. "It's none of your business." I try pulling it back.

"Yes it is. He's my brother. What are you planning?"

"You're one paranoid dude. Besides Itachi is his own person and he nor I don't have to tell you shit. So get off my fucking dick."

"You don't have one."

"..."

"..."

"... Whatever. I'm not going to waste my breath on you."

        I finally pull back and leave his room. I gently close the door though. We don't want Mother Uchiha to get concerned. I quietly trot down the stairs and to the door. "Goodbye!" I look towards the voice and see Mother Uchiha herself. 'What a beauty.' I nodded. "Bye." I saw that her eyes flashed in recognition. Before she could say anything, I quickly left the house.

As I was walking home, I felt my phone vibrate. I sigh and take my phone out of my pocket. I look at the caller ID and smile a little. I answer the call and hold the phone up to my ear.

"What do you want, Kibs?"

"How was it?"

"It... was surprisingly not violent. It was dreadful though. It was like I was being interrogated."

"For what?"

"For talking to Itachi, basically."

"He's just jealous. Anyway, how far are you to home?"

"About... 4 minutes. Why?"

"Just making sure... Want anything from McDonald's."

"Wait you're coming?"

"Yeah. Turns out my mom is still trying to hunt me down."

"Okay okay. Just stay as long as you want to. As long it's not for a month."

"Yay! So do you want anything?"

"The usual."

"Okay. See you there."

"Don't get run over."

"How'd you know?"