23

I sit on a bench outside, waiting for the three kids. I had no clue what bar we were going to. Maybe our usual. I don't know.

"Hey, want a drag?" Changbin comes out, holding a cigarette between his fingers.

"No, I'm okay." Chan would be pissed, and I would be disappointed in myself.

"Okay. They on their way?"

"Yup," I nod, kicking a rock that was sitting next to my foot. "You on a break?"

"Yeah. I have an hour before my next client comes in. I really hope you guys have fun tonight. Is there a designated person who isn't going to drink or something?"

"Not really. Chan isn't one to drink all that much anymore, so he usually makes sure we get home safely. Well, unless it's his birthday."

I think back on the single time that all of us got really fucked up. We got to a park and two of us passed out on a bench. Seungmin had to drunkenly call Hyunjin to come get us.

"Anymore? He used to drink a lot?"

I eyebrows raise in surprise. "No, it's not like that. Whenever we went out, we'd all get messed up. After having to call Hyunjin to come save us, Chan started to not drink as much so we'd be able to actually get home."

"I would love to see you drunk. I think it would be so funny. Do you know what kind of drunk you are?" He smiles, finally sitting next to me.

"Clingy and emotional. Jisung is goofy and giggly. Chan is stupid and clingy. Seungmin is just tired," I laugh. "Tired and emotional. He cried once after stepping on an ant."

"Oh, man. I hope Hyunjin was able to see that."

"He did. He still has the video."

"Fuck. I specifically didn't come to be a third wheel, yet here we are," Seungmin trudges up to us with his arms crossed.

I roll my eyes. "Dramatic bitch. Alright Bin, I'll see you later. Thank you for everything."

"You're welcome," he smiles, winking at me. "Happy birthday. Go and have fun. Call me if you need help."

"Haha, very funny," I flip him off, standing and dragging Seungmin away. "Where are the other two?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean, 'you don't know?' How can you not know? Didn't you come together?"

"Yeah."

"Kim Seungmin-" I scream, crashing into the youngest once I feel something crawl on my shoulder. "Get it off of me! Get off!"

Jisung laughs, picking up the fake spider. "I think you busted my eardrums, hyung."

"Why do you guys always insist on scaring me for my birthday? It's my birthday. I'm supposed to be the king of my day."

"That's boring. We wanna torture you," Chan chuckles, starting our walk to the bar. "That tattoo looks great so far, but I'm excited for you to take the wrap off."

"Fuck off."

-

I wheeze, slapping my thighs as I hang onto Jisung. He's crying out of laughter, slurring some words that I can't understand.

"Jesus, you guys are gone," Chan shakes his head with a smile.

"Oh, m'gawd. I should m'really ask Flex out."

Throwing my head back, I lose my balance. The only thing that saves me is Seungmin's chest and Chan's arm. "Flex! Man, yoush do it." I burp, feeling something splash at the back of my throat. "Uh, oh."

"Uh, oh? What? What is it?" Chan worries, grasping my upper arm.

I groan, covering my mouth as it begins to water. "Too much buttah."

"Fuck."

Chan practically hauls me over his shoulder, pushing people out of the way in order to get to the bathroom. I can only hold it in until he sets me down. The bathroom is already disgusting. It's honestly not my fault.

He drags me carefully to the toilet, patting my back. I retch powerfully into the bowl, the alcohol coming up in no time. This scene is quite familiar, to be honest. We do this for everyone's birthdays.

Tears rise to my eyes. I can't help but let them loose. I'm an emotional drunk anyway. I reach over, tugging on Chan's shirt. His eyes soften once he sees the tears trailing down my flushed cheeks.

"What's wrong, hm? Feeling icky?"

I sob, accidentally banging my head on the bathroom wall. "I-I love you s'much. You guys are like m'only famly. 'M so scared ta lose you."

"Sweetheart, we love you too. Let's get you home, yeah, mate? All comfy and warm."

I nod, sniffling. He helps me up, letting me wash my mouth out with sink water. I dribble and he doesn't hesitate to wipe it up with a paper towel. We get back to our table. I watch as the goofy smiles fall from Seungmin's and Jisung's faces.

"W'as wrong? Aryu sick?"

I nod again, tripping over nothing and falling into Seungmin's lap. He catches me, not as drunk as Jisung and I. Giggling, I squish his cheeks.

"Alright, let's get back to Minho's. Seung, you mind helping Min?"

"I got him," he laughs. I'm sure Chan is incredibly glad that he's not completely wasted.

Jisung and I sing irritatingly loud on the streets, holding one another up. I laugh so hard until I'm crying and he's about to pee. Chan and Seungmin watch us from behind, recording off of their phones.

"Shiiiiiiiiii," Jisung whines, burping against his fist. "Imma throw up, B-R-B bitches."

I push him away, making both of us fall to the sidewalk. I'm laughing and he's laughing and puking in the grass at the same time. It's an entire mess.