19

"Hi, guys," I greet, bowing to them. They repeat the action back. "Sorry I'm late. Let's get set up in the practice room."

The high schoolers follow me, lugging their bags behind them. They start to get warmed up on their own. I sit down, stretching myself. I'm so lucky I work out like this or else I'd be completely out of breath.

We start slow, increasing the difficulty when everyone gets it down. After a few parts, I let them do it by themselves, watching over for any mistakes. There were a few here and there, but nothing horrible. I hope my day will be this easy.

-

I trudge into my apartment, kicking my shoes off. Sweat is trailing down the back of my neck and temples. Today wasn't easy, and that was my fault. It's karma for being late.

I walk into the living room, my eyes widening once I see Changbin. "Oh, hi. I didn't expect you to stay."

When his eyes land on me, he says nothing. Am I that gross looking? Do I smell? Probably.

"Sorry, I'll take a shower and then come back."

Once I get to the shower, I sit on the tile floor. Everything was aching, I was tired, and my stomach was cramping. I barely had lunch. I am definitely sleeping well tonight. I might just fall asleep in here.

A knock on the door startles me. "Hey, Min? Do you mind if I make dinner?"

Dinner? What the fuck? Didn't he say he can't cook? "I don't mind. Don't burn down my apartment or else."

He laughs, "I'll try not to."

Footsteps retreat, leaving me to my thoughts. So this guy really decided to stay here all day just to make me dinner after work? Maybe I like him a lot more now. Can anyone blame me? No.

I stand after a few minutes, finally washing away the dirt. My muscles still ache, but it'll be fine later. I finish quickly, wanting to be out in case there was a fire. It's a precaution for myself.

As I step out of the bathroom, I hear Changbin talking to himself. Wait, no, he was talking to someone, but I can't hear them. The phone?

"Dude, he walked in and was dripping with sweat. Oh, shut up. He was gorgeous. He's so hot when he's sweaty. I know! It doesn't make sense, but you would have to see. Just... ah, that really... I couldn't even greet him properly."

My face is just red from the hot shower water. My face is just red from the hot shower water. My face is just red from the hot shower water.

He just called me hot and gorgeous.

I change into comfortable clothes, his words ringing through my ears. Before I go out, I latch onto my phone.

Sungie 🐿

i would love to
let you know changbin
called me hot very
indirectly because i
came home dripping
with sweat
:)

you two are
DISGUSTING.
but if it were
felix, yeah.
so.
i understand :)

SLDKKS GROSS

______

Taking a deep breath, I shake out my nerves. Were they called nerves? Excitement? I don't fucking know. I'm feeling weird about going out there, but good weird. Bad weird. In between.

When I come into the kitchen, his back is the first thing I see. He's staring at the pan, almost forcing it to telepathically tell him when it's ready.

"Hey," I smile, trying so hard to not let my smile get out of control. "How's it going?"

He looks up, grinning back. "I think well. It smells okay. It's not burning."

"Do you want some help?"

"Please."

I chuckle, scooting over to his side. The undersides of the meat are brown, so I flip it. He's like a dog waiting for it's owner to open the door to the outside. How cute. He's not much of a dog, nor a cat. Maybe a bunny. Sweet, cute, tiny, fluffy. I wish I took another look at him this morning just to see his bed head.

Dinner is done soon enough. He put together the sides, only adding too much salt to one dish. It's okay, though. It's not inedible.

We sit on the floor, thanking each other for the meal. It was mostly me, but I give him all of the credit anyway. It was his idea and he put his heart into it.

"Did you actually stay here all day?" I mean, his clothes look the same. I don't mind if he did. I just wonder what he was doing.

"No, I went home to change. I came back because your cats looked hungry. I noticed the time and decided to stay until you got back."

My heart flutters. He came back to take care of my cats? Because they looked hungry? Is he truly an angel sent down?

"Thank you. I really appreciate that. I'm sure they did too."

"Oh, they did. Tried coming up to me for love after, but allergy pills can only do so much."

A pout settles on my face. "That sucks. I wish I could take your allergy and throw it into the ocean for an octopus to eat."

"Me too-" He gasps, his eyes going wide. A cough spills out of him as his hand goes up to his chest.

"Oh, my god," I breathe out, standing quickly to come to his side. I slap his back, waiting to see if he needed the Heimlich.

"I-I'm-" He gasps, letting out a few more strangled coughs. "I'm okay."

"Fucking hell, Changbin." I stay next to him, waiting for him to fully recover. His grabs his water, sipping it lightly.

"Sorry. I," he coughs, "I think I breathed in some rice. My bad."

"You are the only person to apologize for almost dying after choking on food. I can't believe you. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you."

"Let's finish up and get to bed. Are you staying over again?"

"If you want me too."

I hate this guy. Get out.

"I wouldn't mind."

Don't smile too wide. Don't tense up. Don't do anything weird. It's just another cuddle session. Overnight cuddle session. Shut up, Minho!