Don't Wanna Write This Song

Earth 36
Alexa's View

It's been 3 days since Y/n passed.

"Hello." I say answering the phone.

"Is this Alexa, uh Y/n's wife?" The man asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"Okay, this is John, the captain of the fire station." He says.

"I... I regret to inform you that Y/n has passed away." John says.

"What?" I ask.

"There was a fire in an apartment building. She ran back in to find a little boy — he came out but she did not." John says.

"We believe she was unconscious from all the smoke but the building collapsed before we could get to her. I'm sorry." John says as tears fill my eyes.

Y/n meant so much to me, I can't imagine my life without her. I took all her clothes and put them in bed beside me. It makes me think she's still here.

There's a dress in the closet, that I just can't throw away
I know it might sound crazy, but I haven't changed your pillowcase

We've been together for 14 years — married for 10 — now I'm just supposed to forget her?

A heart half full, or half empty
Is half gone either way, with you gone
What went wrong?

Part of me thought that I'd lose her at some point when we were younger.. I just didn't think it would be like this...

Maybe the hardest part
Is we didn't break this heart
Nobody cheated or lied

"We do discounts for first responders that passed in their line of duty." Daniel says.

"Okay." Tommy says.

"You can bring us whatever you want her to wear and we can get her dressed up. I understand you want a closed casket, right?" Daniel says.

"Yes." I say.

Half of Y/n's face was burned because she didn't have her helmet on when she ran back in. Not to mention the 102+ broken bones sustained from 12 floors; 60  furnished apartments crushing her to her death.

I've been all the funeral arrangements with her brother and for someone who came out the womb with her, he's handling it better than me.

I still have to live with goodbye
But how can I just move on?

"Just confirm these details and we'll get started with everything." Daniel says handing Tommy a piece of paper.

Tommy reads it and hands it to me.

"Looks good to me." I say.

"Okay, we can take payment now or later — whatever works for you." Daniel says.

"I can pay—" I say.

"I already wrote the check." Tommy says handing Daniel a check.

"You don't have to pay for it." I say.

"You shouldn't have to deal with this, I got it." Tommy says.

I nod and smile.

Time Skip