"Wonderful wording."

She rolled her eyes. "Anyways, El, do you know where Heather lives?"

"The mailbox said one four three eight." She said.

"And the street?"

El shrugged.

Max groaned, grabbing her bike.

"What're you doing?" I muttered, reaching for mine.

"We're going to the only place I know with those numbers." She nodded to the door, which unlocked and opened thanks to El. "Thanks. And if it's not the right place, then that sucks."

"Awesome." I rolled my eyes, following her out. She was just casually having El use her powers to open a door. Who can't open a door on their own?

It was still pouring, and almost eight when we stopped in front of a mailbox. Nancy's bike didn't have a flashlight mounted on the front, so I was stuck relying on Max's in front of me.

"Is this it?" Max shouted over the rain.

"Yes." I could barely hear Eleven.

"Great." I climbed off the bike and tossed it on the lawn, ripping up a bit of the green grass. Max copied, walking up to the front door.

Eleven unlocked it and threw the door open.

"This is her house," Max concluded, pointing to a family portrait. "Heathers."

El nodded, and I followed the two into the house. We stopped in a dining room area. Billy was there.

I don't have my crowbar.

"Max." He said suddenly.

"We didn't mean to barge in." She muttered. "We tried to knock, but you must not have heard us over the storm."

"I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" The old guy asked. He looked like the guy from the Hawkins Post, Tom Holloway.

Billy laughed, setting his food down. "I'm sorry. Janet, Tom, this is my little sister Maxine. And her friends."

"Oh!" Janet exclaimed, smiling. 

"What on earth are you doing here?!" Billy asked, his voice getting deeper as he walked over to us. "Is something wrong?"

"We just wanted to make sure everything was okay," Max said.

"Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?"

"Where is she?" Eleven asked, stepping forward.

"I'm sorry, where is who?"

"Well, they're a little burnt, I'm sorry-" The girl from the photos rushed into the room. She had dark curly hair, piled on top of her head. In her hands was a smoking tray of cookies.

"Heather!" Billy grinned, a little too much to not look threatening. "This is my sister Maxine! And I'm sorry, I did not quite catch your names." He glared at Eleven as he said it.

"El." Eleven said.

"You know me." I crossed my arms.

"Hmm, I don't recall ever meeting you two." He raised his eyebrows. "I'm sorry, did you say you were looking for somebody?"

"We-"

I cut over her. "We talked to your manager at the pool. He said he was worried you guys didn't come in today."

"Heather wasn't feeling too hot, so we thought we'd take the day off and nurse her back to health." He smirked. "But she's feeling great now, right Heather?"

"I'm feeling so much better." She was using two oven mitts on each hand to hold the cookie tray. "Do you girls want a cookie? They're fresh out of the oven."

I frowned.

"No." Max spun on her heel, grabbing me and El with each hand and leading us outside. "Where are we going now?"

"I need to go back to Mike's," I said.

"Ugh." Max shook her head. "He's trash." She glanced at El. "Sleepover again?"

"Does Daisy want to join?" She asked, looking at me.

I frowned. "No. I can't, Mike's expecting me."

"Oh." She wiped the water off her face, frowning. "Are you guys dating now?"

"What?!" My jaw dropped.

"Jesus!" Max sighed. "No, Daisy is a fucking dy-"

I froze.

She covered her mouth, staring at the ground.

"Daisy is a what?" Eleven asked.

I glared at Max. "Yeah, what am I?" I picked up my bike and climbed on. "A dyke?"

She didn't reply, just standing there with her jaw dropped.

I scoffed, kicking off and biking away.

"What is a dyke, Max?" I heard Eleven ask as I left.