Chapter 12

"Talking"
'Thoughts'
*Time/Location*

*Early-Morning - Roswaal Mansion*

Kenji, in the courtyard is seen swinging his sheathed katana.

Kenji: '994. 995. 996. 997. 998. 999...'

Kenji: "1000!"

Kenji swipes off his sweat and places his sheathed katana back to his belt.

Kenji: "Well, my morning routine is done. Time to go back to the mansion."

Kenji was about to leave the area when he heard a loud voice.

???: "Victory!"

???: "V-Victory!"

Kenji turns to the source of the voice.

Kenji: "Oh? It seems someone is also doing the morning routine eh?"

Kenji sees Subaru and Emilia who seems to be doing a morning exercise. Smiling, Kenji speeds through the area and jumps then lands in-front of them. His arrival generated a lot of wind. Subaru and Emilia took cover with their arms as Puck hides behind Emilia.

Subaru: "What the hell?"

Emilia: "What's happening?"

Kenji widens his smile as he does a pose. The two lower their arms as they turn to Kenji

Kenji: "Good morning, you two!"

Subaru: "Huh, w-who are you?"

Kenji then changed his pose as he points at himself

Kenji: "I am Kenji! The Hero of War!"

Emilia: "Good morning, Kenji-san."

Puck: "Good morning!"

Pucks happily raises his arms. Subaru stares at the two katanas on Kenji's belt.

Subaru: "Woah! What are those katanas?!"

Kenji: "Huh, you know them?"

Subaru: "Ofcourse, they are cool as heck!"

Kenji: "Finally, someone who understands that a Katana is better than a bastard sword! Are you perhaps from Japan too?!"

Subaru: "Woah? Your also from there? Have you been also transpo-"

Suddenly time stops on, a black hand caresses Subaru's heart. Then time resumes. The sheathed katana of Kenji suddenly glowed red.

Kenji: "Huh...? What do you mean time was stopped a few seconds ago? Do you mean there is an enemy nearby? No? Then no need to worry."

Emilia: "Are you talking with your blade, Kenji-san?"

Kenji: "Ah, yes. My Katana is sentient as it contains a spirit. It has the ability to even sense if anything just happened recently. It even told me that time was reversed just yesterday three times! Could you believe that?"

Subaru hearing this was sweating profusely.

Subaru: 'What the hell was that? And he said something I wouldn't be able to.'

Emilia: "Wow, that's a pretty powerful sword, Kenji-san."

Then suddenly a portal opened besides them. A hand pops out the portal scaring Emilia and Subaru. As the hand grabs the edge of the portal a person came out of the portal. It was Hijiri, who used the door crossing ability of Beatrice.

Hijiri: "Good morning."

Subaru: "Uhh hey, can I talk to you for a second, Hijiri-san?"

Hijiri tilts his head in confusion but nods his head anyways.