Plotting

It didn't take me long to run back home before Theo and June even had a chance to step a foot in their vehicles I was already infront of our house.

I sat their for only a few minutes but felt like I was frozen in time. Magic was mixed heavily with Apples blood. Memorizing the scent I should be able to find the owner to it.

Or at least a relative with a similar scent. My chest is pounding with excitement for a new hunt. While my brain is trying to ice out all the memories me and Apple shared together.

When matting with Theo I knew I would have to put up my warrior ways. It was a depressing and hard reality for me to accept. Taking such a high toll on my mate and also costing me leadership of the pack.

I wasn't willing to let anything else be potentially taken away from me. After accepting that life was so much more easier to live.

Kent was a companion, Matthew used to come around and run the perimeter with me. Then Apple.......Now one way or another their all gone. My spine cracks and pops back into place as I shift back.

On autopilot I move inside the house to Theodores office. I'm not sure what I'm doing or looking for. Staring at his office phone im at a even greater loss for thought.

Who would I even call? My brother is the packs leader and he believes in peace. He was never a fighter and my bloodlust pushed away most of the pack. Still my hand moved towards his office phone.

It rings right when my finger tips touch it. My hand jolts back like it shocked me, startled I stare at the now ringing phone. Hesitating slightly before picking up the phone. Before I could say anything a deep huskey voice with a Southern accent is roaring at me.

"You slimy little cow shit!" He yells over the phone while growling deeply. I can't make out anything else he's saying. Between his accent and growling he just sounds like a forgine pissed off bear.

Quickly my temper snaps back and my own chest rumbles deeply. The man's rant cuts off so fast I thought the phone had disconnected.

"Hello....?" I question feeling silly for a brief moment.

"Well I know my lil shit brother doesn't have the balls to rumbled back at me. So you must be his mate?" The man questions feel more like a demand to answer him.

I have to fight the urge to hang up in his face. Why does my mate have to have such agitating brothers? Fed up and tired from the traumatizing events. I'm ready to tell him to get fucked but then I hear a voice. On his side of the line in the back ground. It immediately makes my worn out eyes water up again.

"Yes, it is Iven. And is that Kent in the back ground yelling at you to hurry up for dinner?" I question him back and he  laughs.

Alot of the hostility has left his voice, even his tone is a bit softer now when replying.

"Well its about time I got a chance to talk t- Iven is that you? Oh my sweet cherry pie! Iv missed you so much!"

Kent screams in my ear but I dont bother to tell him to quite down. I missed him so much, he could blow my ear drum out if he wants to.

"I missed you to....." I tell him softly fighting for more words to say. After so long of wishing I could see him. I'm suddenly at a loss for words. With out skipping a beat Kent picks up on everything.

"OH! I know its been so long and.....well we know what happened to Apple. I'm so sorry hun I know you two were becoming close friends. I would have called you sooner but......well you know how busy life can get. " Kent tries to laugh off the end of his sentence but I can tell he's genuinely sad.

I tell him its okay and that I understand how life can be. Then I tell him my bearly budding plans to hunt down Apples killer.  When he chuckles at my plan I know its not directed at me. Just the obviously missing pieces that I don't have.

"Well it sounds like all you really need now is a small team. How about I have Sabin bring me over tomarrow. We can discuss our options. " Kent offers.

Tears are freely spilling from my eyes now. I make a grunt sound to confirm with him. Emotions are choking me and I bearly can tell him goodbye at the end of our conversation.

I'm fully prepared to take on this hunt alone. Theodores family are made up of  Non-traditional city men. None of them are going to want to get their hands bloody. None of them have probably ever been in a fight.

I can't and won't expect any help from them. Resentment lingers in my stomach. If June was a better mate maybe my friend would still be alive.