Reality Vs Experience

Theo – POV.

Dr. Krif arrives just a few minutes before Ivens due to return. My palms are sweaty, meeting him outside in the driveway. Dr. Krif is so old I can't tell if he's a Beta or Alpha. He's completely bald and wears extra thick reading glasses. Always wearing his lab coat, I watch him slowly get out of the van.

He hobbles over to me slowly and extends his hand with a grunt. I shake his hand swiftly, and we silently get to work setting up the back of the van.

I open the double doors revealing a stretcher that has various machines next to it.  A shelf with medical supplies is nailed above the stretcher. Their's actually nothing really for me to set up. Dr. Krif already prepared the van, I made sure to slip a syringe filled with a sedation in my pocket.

Before we could have a quick conversation on what is going to happen. I can hear Apple's limousine pulling up in the driveway. My body is jerky as I climb out of the back and great them.

Iven is stunning in her mermaid cut dress. My eyes can't help but to roam down her body as she steps out with all her shopping bags.

“This is Dr. Krif, he's going to perform a quick ultrasound in the back of the med. Van. You can just set the bags on the porch. It will only take a few minutes.” 

Everyone can feel the eagerness slipping out of me. Questioning if she's pregnant and how far along has been plaguing my mind day in and out.

I don't let Ivens wary smile and hesitant wave goodbye to Apple dis-way me. Reaching out, I grab Ivens shopping bags and quicking throw them on the porch.

“Hey now, I know you're excited but don't go throwing my bag's around.”

She teases me, but I can sense she's just as anxious. It doesn't surprise me to see her dismiss Dr. Krif like an annoying peice of lent. It's her go-to move to establish dominance over the situation. Taking her hand in my mine, I sqeez it reassuringly.

Thankfully, Dr. Krif reads my silent gesture and goes ahead inside the back of the medical van.

“It will only take a few minutes, he's going to wave a wand over your stomach. The wand will show if you have a baby in your stomach on the monitor.

I'll be sitting right behind you. Their's nothing to worry about.”

The tension slowly seeps out of her body. Letting me know my reassurances was all she needed.

“Okay. Let's do this.” She says very determined.

Letting go of my hand, she turns around and climbs right into the back of the medical van. I follow her lead like a good little Omega. This moment is well worth falling in line for.

Finally, the time has come, Ivens laying stiffly on her back while Dr. Kriff hovers over her with the ultrasound wand. The answer we really need is a yes or a no. Using the monitor to actually see the baby is just an added bonus.

 “This area of black mass on the monitor is you're stomach. From looking at the screen, I can see.  It seems like you have yet to reach conception.”  Dr. Krifs emotionless delivery of the new is precisely how I required it to be delivered to me.

I have no room for an emotional experience. Not when the next course of action is to do the unthinkable.

Quickly sliding the needle into the side of her neck. I successfully catch her off guard. I watch her eyes flutter confused then slowly descend into a deep sleep.

My hand strokes her face slowly, I truly didn't want to sedate her. The risk was just too great though, and I refuse to strap her down to a table. This insures no struggle or lasting pain.  Her memory will be too hazy to remember anything clearly.