The Puppet and The Muse-not edited

Iven - Pov.

Theo said he was sure we would be able to entertain ourselves here. It took every inch of my will power not to ruin the nice moment were having. I understand things are different here. Theirs immediate predators hiding into he woods or a constant fight to keep your position in the pack.

Im trying to easy into my new position here and let Theo enjoy his freedom. It's going to be hard with out Kent but maybe I was using him as a crutch to get by easy. This is my home just as much as is it Theo's and I need to start treating it as such before demanding changes.

I give him a reassuring hug and for once I'm not sure what to say to him. We just stare at each other for minute, wondering what the other really wants. All to soon the sound of tires rolling in our driveway tingle in my ears.

Im going to let myself be sad about Kent later. For now im going to enjoying being in a female Alphas company. We made it out the front door at the same time. Their limo pulled to a stop, I couldn't help but to criticize Theos brother inwardly.

June is nothing like how I had imagined him to be. He's not overly tall or overly short. Apple towers over him in her bright red pumps matching her red sundress.

His hair reminds me of a wet road in the dark. Slicked back with some type of gel, his hair color makes Apples seem even brighter. Everything about Apple is red today while June has on a plain black suit.

I don't feel guilty about assessing him so openly when he does the same thing to me. Walking closer to them I scent hormone represent spray on Apple and suddenly I'm picking up underlining hints of Beta.

"OH! ITS SOOO NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" Apples voice reaches out loudly around us. She pulls me into a tight hug and it immediately makes me happy again. Her happy aditude is extremely catchy.

To bad it didn't rub off on her mate, June bearly acknowledges me with a head nod.

"Well brother, I sure hope you have some where for the lady's to sit while we discuss business. You know how much trouble a bored mate can get into."

I don't like what his brother is implying we do while they talk. Instead of letting the anger ruin my day, I decide to change the plan's.

"Actually, I think me and Apple will be going out for a early lunch. Im starving and well you know how I get on a empty stomach."

I don't even have to fake my laugh and neither does he. We both find my enormous hunger to be humorous. His brother on the other hand did not. He just stood their looking sharply at Theodore.

Apple smiles brightly though and grabs ahold of my elbow bringing me in close. "OH! YES dear, I would love a nice big peice of cherry pie. We can take our limo and my driver can take us."

I nod and hold my hand out just like how Kent taught me to. It was a awkward conversation when he realized I don't normally carry money.
He told me all I have to do is hold my hand out and ask.

"I need money or the bank card."
I look at him expectedly wondering if I asked the correct way. Slowly he reaches around to his back pocket and pulls out his wallet.

He hands me a shiny black card with a adoring smile. Im starting to realize living here is alot easier then iv been allowing it to be.

We said our goodbyes and then me and Apple got in the back of her limo. She hands me a glass cup with somthing clear and poisonous inside it.

"Cheers to not being cooped up inside the house!" She shouts loudly, tapping her glass against mine and then swallowing all of the contents.

I brace myself for her judgment after seeing I didn't join in with her. To my surprise their was none.

"Go ahead and try a sip. It's just some vodka, humans like mixing it to make it taste better. Stuff like this though doesn't need a cut to it. Just try it, you might like the burn."

Her encouragement lead me to calmly take a sip and try my best not to make a silly face. Seconds later I feel the burn she was talking about.

"The burn does feel good but I can live with out the taste."

Apple laughs at my joke and moves closer to me. We talked about are favorite things and what we like to do for fun. It felt so good to talk to some one with my same interests. She was different from the othere girls.

I learned just how difficult her life was during childhood after we were sat down at our table.

She had to grow up being strong and was osterisied like I was. We bonded very quickly while eating. It was nice to feel companionship again. Apples wide smiles and easy laughter made things feel extra light around us.

I allowed her to order me a different alcoholic drink to try after we finished our food. The water came back with two wine glasses of a liquid that looks like blood.

My nose can smell the subtle scent out fruit but also the same poison from earlier. Against my better judgment I take a long sip. The tartness of the fruit was soothing with the after burn. My second and third drink became less and less vile.

" WHoa their partner! I THINK WE FoUND A WINNERR. Im so proud of myself, now we can really enjoy ourselves.......I know this is only are second time meeting but....

I really like you and would hope one day to call you my best friend."

The intensity of her sincerity shocked me. Forced me to remember how annoying Kent was when we first met. Then how close we became before he left.

I raise my left hand and motion for the waiter.

"Another round for me and my new best friend."