3.2 Talktive Horanghi

Start from the beginning

"Is something wrong my lord?"

"You are the only person who has ever called me that in my entire life" Jimin mutters putting his feet back on the ground. Clean and small, cared for by the fluffy, cold snow. "No need. Not towards me did you know that?"

"You are a prince." Namjoon points out the truism. Jimin laughs, moving a few steps ahead of him. A huge grin and hands behind his back.

"I'm a bastard, because my mother loved winter more than our last emperor" Jimin relates and Namjoon doesn't see the big deal who would refuse to fall in love with winter? Just like his father, in love with spring. "And because of that, I was born this way. Urged by cold, a species not seen on this land that shouldn't have existed to begin with."

"I have to assume that's why, Jin has it so hidden." Jimin nods.

"He's just following his father's pattern. Pretending that I don't exist and that if I do, I won't be a hindrance or threat to his life. Fulfill mom's wish before she dies" he adds stopping and reaching out for a large falling snowflake. Namjoon at her side admires that the cold piece does not lose its shape. ""Take care of him and keep him with you as your brother, because that's what he is, indifferent to his ice eyes and half feline.""

"He hasn't done his duty very well."

Jimin gives a chuckle, unwilling to judge his older brother's efforts as good or bad. They continue walking, with Namjoon supporting him whenever needed. While not particularly entertaining or fascinating, for Jimin this is one of the best moments of his life.

It is the closest he has ever come to freedom. He never leaves the huge mansions and palaces; hidden away in a room. Treated as an ornament rather than a human being. It is the first time he has been able to be in contact with nature, to put his feet and bury them deep in the snow.

It is wonderful in its simplicity and normality.

"But what will become of you after this war?"

"I will return to my lovely routine. My room in the palace is beautiful."

Namjoon gives a snort Is that life? It sounds so monotonously dull and oppressive that it causes him to dislike it. However, he adds nothing to that. They stop in a clearing where there are some living plants, resisting the winter cold as best they can.

"Why didn't you kill me?" asks Jimin, bending down to get a better look at the pale-colored flowers.

"Did you prefer to die?"

"Not at all, but the curiosity is enormous Is there any special reason? If you had hurried, you would have achieved your mission and consequently, your territory What made you stop?" Jimin strokes the flower petals and Namjoon crouches down.

Slowly he buries his hand in the damp earth, causing more and more plants to grow. At the same time, the smile on Jimin's face does. His eyes twinkling childishly from wonder. Namjoon watches him carefully. Making sure the Omega's reaction is one of liking.

"I didn't mean to kill you."

Jimin squints towards him.

"I couldn't kill you."

The Omega purrs, with the feeling of being wooed by the Alpha beastman. Namjoon stands up and looks around "Can you wait here for a moment?

Jimin nods and takes his place. Namjoon leaves for quite a long time. Jimin doesn't even bother to have any doubts about it. Whether he will return or not. He can go on his own feet back and even if it's a kidnapping what would happen? Nothing that won't happen soon most likely.

Namjoon returns at a slow pace, dragging something and that gets a startle out of the leopard. He leaves in front of him a deer with a broken neck. Jimin blushes and from under his clothes manages to stick out the long, plush tail full of black spots.

"Have you ever eaten raw?"

"No. They said that was for animals."

"Even humans are animals, no matter how much they refuse to notice."

Namjoon peels off a length of meat from the deer's thigh. It will be impossible for Jimin to do it himself. His claws filed down to look like normal fingernails. However, what remains at its usual size are the large fangs hidden by its pink lips.

He opens his mouth, looking like a child and receiving the piece of meat that the Alpha inserts. Careful not to stain his clothes. Jimin chews and licks his lips with the string of thick liquid.

Jimin licks Namjoon's index finger and the tiger tilts his head, bringing his fingers closer and putting them in his mouth; he presses his tongue and the leopard does nothing but purr with his ears tilted back. Jimin is distracted, as Mon appears from the right and his most basic instinct is to startle.

"He's Mon. Don't worry. He's a friend of mine."

"A tiger?"

"Yes. Tigers can be good friends."

"I see."

Laughing weakly, Mon walks over and lets himself be petted by Jimin who welcomes him into his open arms.

~ * * * ~

"Namjoon told me to keep him next to me in case any assassins arrive."

"That isn't saf-"

The door opens abruptly and Namjoon lets go of the rope across his chest. On a tarp are three bodies, men with guns and notes to match, announcing that they are assassins. Mon yawns and Jimin laughs discreetly, stroking him between the ears. Jin exhales with resignation. He has no choice but to leave the tiger.

Yoongi drinks from his tea without saying anything about it while Hoseok claps enthusiastically and impressed.

"Throw them away from here."

"Mon will eat them later." he informs taking the rope again to drag them away. Jin rubs his right temple. This is terrible.