You like her, Don't you?

Evan Cooper
"Hello, Doctor, When will you discharge Aubrey to the hospital?" I called the doctor, It has been a day since I leave Aubrey at the hospital. I was stuck at work so I couldn't visit her.
"Mr.Cooper, I discharge her two hours ago." The doctor told me.
"Why? You should call me before discharging her" I almost yell at the doctor, How can he didn't ask me before discharging her what if she passed out in the middle of the road?
"Sorry, Mr.Cooper, But she was so committed to leaving the hospital, She is uncomfortable in the hospital," Doctor says, I know she doesn't like the hospital since she lost her mother in the hospital.
"Okay, Thank you for your help doctor" I thanked the doctor and cut the call, I was worried like hell, and I hope something does not happen to her.
I called Aubrey's number but she didn't pick up her phone. I called home maybe she reached home but she didn't. I tried again but this time she pick up her phone
"Aubrey, Where are you? The doctor told me he discharge you two hours ago, Why didn't you reach home yet? Do you even know how worried I was?" I didn't give her a chance to say a word just bombarded my questions with her.
"Evan, Let me talk," I hear her calm and sweet voice, My all anger vanished as soon as I hear her voice.
"Say" I let her complete her.
" Lucas was there when I get discharged, So, He offers me a ride home, So we are going home now" When she said Lucas the anger subside, get rise again. Why she is with him?
"Our home and hospital are a half-hour's distance. How come you didn't reach home yet?" I try not to explode my irritation.
"Where are you? Tell me right now, I am coming" I didn't give her a chance again to explain, I just want her to be away from Lucas.
"It's okay, We are almost reached," She said. I take my car key from the table and leave the office. I drove home.
******
When I reached home. I show Lucas and Aubrey in the parking area.  I go near her. I grab Aubrey's hand and am just about to drag her to my room but Lucas holds my hand.  I give him a deadly glare.
"Leave her hand," Lucas told me, I was looking at him in amazement.
"You leave my hand" I order him. How dare he order me around.
"She is not feeling well, She just discharges from the hospital you can't drag her" He was determined not to leave my hand.
"I know how to take care of my wife," I told him dryly not interested to talk to him.
"If you know how to take care of your wife then why didn't you go once to meet her," Lucas says in his taunting tone.
"Lucas, I already told you, don't interfere between us. Maybe you have traits like your mother, How to interfere between a married couple." I said in my sarcastic tone.
"Evan" Aubrey yell, I turn my face to her. She is yelling at me because of him.
I tighten my grip. Her facial expressions change like she is feeling pain. I drag her to my room.
"Evan, What are you doing?" She rapidly said that but I ignore her.
I grab her shoulder and bump her into the wall.
"Why are you with him?' I asked, She was finched and trembling in fear.
" He come to meet me, So, he offer to ride me home, It was hard to get a taxi during office hours, So, I accept it." She explained to me.
"Why didn't you call me?" I asked and leave her.
"How can you expect me to call you When you did not call me once nor did you come to meet me." I wanted to explain that I got stuck at work. But hearing the same words that Lucas said I got furious.
I go near her and grab her face and raise it.
"Look at me" I yell at her. She is scared but I don't care.
She looked at me.
"So, My timid little wife learn how to answer back. Lucas filled in your mind that how cruel your husband is who didn't come to meet you once, Isn't he?" I asked her in my annoyed voice. She intently shakes her head in no.
"No! No! He didn't, Why would he do that"  she said.
"You don't know, why would he do that, I know you are not that naive who didn't know how he looks at you, " I said, and scarcasmliy smiled. she didn't answer and looked at me.
"What are you saying?" She asked in confusion.
"Aubrey, I don't want to hear anything, I just want you to stay away from him," I told her.
"He is not like the---" I didn't hear her and slammed the door, leaving the room.
I leave my room. Lucas was standing out of my room. I ignore him.
"Big Brother, You are misunderstanding, It's not Aubrey's fault it's mine, I was the one who insist she comes with me,"  Lucas explained to me.
"I don't care whose fault it is, I don't want you to be near my wife, Do you understand," I warn him, But I can see he is not going to obey what I am saying.
"You like her, don't you?"  I asked him, His facial expression changed. I can tell by looking at his face that he likes her.
"No!No! I don't like her like that, She is my sister-in-law" He said.
"Exactly, She is your sister-in-law, so you know how to keep your distance," I said those words and leave him.