Marriage Anniversary

"AUBREY"
"oach" Aubrey exclaimed. She got startled and touches the burning pot when someone shouts her name, She is cooking breakfast for everyone when she hears her name. She runs outside of the kitchen.
Aubrey sees Grandma as Mrs.Cooper, the old lady of the cooper family, sitting in the center of the dining table with her family.
Aubrey adjusts her light blue floral dress and hair. so She looks presentable. She fidgets her fingers and steps forward going near the dining table.
She stands near Grandma's chair.
"Yes, Grandma," She says in her trembling voice. Grandma looks up at the watch.
"Look at the time when your breakfast will be ready?" Grandma asked her, I
Aubrey can see anger on Grandma's face.
"Breakfast is ready," She told grandma while running to the kitchen so She can bring breakfast to the dining table. Aubrey always wakes up early in the morning so She can prepare breakfast on the time. This is all she learns from her mother who was the maid of the cooper family, Aubrey's mother wakes up early so she can serve everyone breakfast on time. Aubrey also does the same.
Aubrey takes out the breakfast from the kitchen and serves everyone's breakfast.
Everyone looked at Grandma, she will be the first who eat food then everyone can eat.
"Aubrey, Where is your husband?" Grandma didn't eat instead Grandma looked at Aubrey. Aubrey down her head. Because She doesn't know what should she say.
"Why are you asking her, mother? In three years, she has come to know when her husband comes from the office or when he leaves. well, it's not like it's her fault that she doesn't know about anything my son. My son does not consider her as his wife."
Jane Mrs.cooper's daughter-in-law says in her mocking tone.
Aubrey didn't say anything or raise her head at Mrs. Jane's taunt. Because what Mrs. Jane was saying is true because Aubrey's husband never tells her anything. It is far to tell, he doesn't even look at her. Mrs.Jane cooper looked at Aubrey and smirked.
"Well, just because your mother blackmailed mom, doesn't mean you can become the wife of my son. In the last three years, you know very well your just maid of the cooper family not more than this." Mrs.Jane taunts Aubrey.
Aubrey is married to Evan Cooper A billionaire business tycoon in the country. As Mrs. jane cooper told they are married for three years. But Evan didn't accept her as his wife. Aubrey's parents are servants of the cooper family. after her parents died, She become the maid of the cooper family. Everyone treats her as a maid.
Aubrey hears some footsteps, She snaps out of her thoughts. She looked at the stairs Evan cooper was coming downstairs. He was wearing an Armani suit which fitted him well because of the broad shoulder and his six-pack body. His height is six feet and four inches. Evan is the most handsome man Aubrey ever saw. She just looked at her husband but he didn't even glance at her.
"Good morning everyone" Evan takes his chair. Everyone greets him.
"Aubrey, Serve your husband breakfast," Grandma told Aubrey. Aubrey knows Grandma wants to piss off Evan by saying he is her husband.
Aubrey looked at Evan who clenched his fist. Aubrey now understood his expression. Every time Grandma calls Evan her husband and her his wife, Evan has the same expression. It's painful for Aubrey, how much he hates someone and calls him her husband.
Aubrey nodded at grandma and serve Evan his breakfast. they are eating peacefully while Aubrey stands near them.
"What is this? it's so oily. I told you that I am on my dieting still to make this. You want to make me fat and ugly this is why you cook this oily breakfast. I can't eat this." Jennifer Evan's sister made a disgusting face.
"I will make you different food just give me Five minutes." Aubrey hurriedly go near Jennifer and was about to take her plate.
"Don't you know I am getting late? I don't have time for your low-class food. I don't understand why my brother marries you. such an illiterate and low-class woman." Jennifer says while rolling her eyes.
Aubrey didn't show any expression because she get used to all of this. every day her mother-in-law and Jennifer torment her.
"Jenny eat your food. Don't waste your food." Evan told Jennifer in his authoritative voice. Jennifer knows what is the meaning of her brother's words. She has to keep quiet and eat her food. Evan is a man of few words. He only says a few words and people who know him, know the meaning of his word.
Evan's mom and Jennifer never bother Aubrey in front of Evan because they know that Evan although he does not like her, he does not like all this.
After breakfast, Evan goes to the office and Jennifer goes to her college. Mrs jane goes to her room.
"Aubrey take me to my room," grandma says to her because Grandma is in a wheelchair.
Aubrey cleans the dining table when she hears grandma's words she leaves her work.
Aubrey takes grandma to her room. Grandma is an old lady but still, she has all the authority of the cooper household. In the cooper house, no one can refute grandma's word.
Grandma has an extremely large room. Sunshine came to her room through the glass window. Aubrey helps grandma sit on the bed.
"Your Mother is such a naive woman, she pushes Me to the point to convince Evan to sign a contract marriage with you. she must have thought if you marry the cooper family you will live a happy luxurious life. she would never think After three years of your marriage you will still live a life of a maid." Grandma told her with a smile, She is just taunting Aubrey.
Aubrey doesn't have any expression on my face. She knew what her mother did was wrong but her mother only wants Aubrey to be happy, and her happiness is in Evan.
"By the way happy marriage anniversary. today is your and Evan's marriage anniversary, am I right?"
Aubrey nodded at grandma's words and come out of the room.
Aubrey comes to her room which is in the servant's room. She opens the wardrobe and takes out the photo of her wedding. in the photo, Evan was wearing his office suit while Aubrey was wearing a white wedding gown although it was cheap, she looked so happy. Aubrey's mother is standing near her she was smiling with tears in her eyes.
3 years ago.

"Wake up, Auby" Aubrey's mother is trying to wake up her.
"Please let me sleep. I finished high school now let me sleep" Aubrey whined and tried to cover her face with a blanket but Her mother is try to pull down the blanket.
Her mother looked at Aubrey's sleeping posture. she smile and got the idea of how to wake Aubrey up.
"Do you know what date is today? Hmm, maybe today is 23 July. Mrs. Cooper was telling me that someone is coming today." Her mother tries to not laugh.
Her Mom's words reached Aubrey's ears She woke up and jump out of the bed. Aubrey's hair is displaced and She is in her night pajamas.
"Mum, you should wake me up early. today Evan is coming from studying foreign. How much work do we have today? " Aubrey said on her flushed face.
Aubrey's mother is smile at her cuteness. She knew Aubrey liked Evan since she was five years old but never show anyone.
They go to cooper's mansion which is attached to their servant's house.
Aubrey wore her most expensive dress and also did some make-up.
They go to the kitchen and start working. Since Aubrey was a little girl, She always helps her mother with household work but when Aubrey get to know about her mother's cancer Aubrey start working with her mother so she can earn some money for her mother's health care.
Aubrey can see how much Grandma and Mrs. jane and Jennifer are excited about Evan's arrival. Aubrey work in the kitchen but she was glancing at the main door through the window. When Her mom sees her, she couldn't control her smile. They hear some chaos. Aubrey leaves everything and runs out of the kitchen, and her mom follows her. Aubrey looked at the person she always admires and liked. She never liked anyone because she never saw anyone as handsome and perfect as Evan. Aubrey's face glowed when her eyes found the person they longing for 5 years, Her heart was beating crazily. Evan is more mature and handsome. Aubrey's face turned red.
Evan looked at their side and Evan and Aubrey's eyes met, She looked down in shyness. Evan comes toward their side as he reaches them as Aubrey's heart goes crazy. He greets her mother but he didn't greet Aubrey. She feels hurt. It's not like they are closed when they are children. Aubrey is in a one-sided love with Evan.
Grandma comes with a girl who is so beautiful that anyone can fall in love with her at first sight and stand beside Evan. Grandma introduced Evan's Girlfriend to them.
When Aubrey hears about she is Evan's girlfriend. Aubrey runs from there and comes into her room. She plopped on her bed and start crying. Her mother comes and consoles her "They are rich people, Auby, We can admire them but we can't love them and hope that they will love us back. Please forget about him."
This is not a new lesson for her ever since She learns her feeling about Evan, She knows the difference. After that Aubrey decides to forget about Evan and focus on her mother's health which is getting severe.
Mother is admitted to the hospital. Aubrey goes to take medicine when She comes back, She hears her mother's voice.
"My husband gives his life for your family and you can not give me just a little thing. Please Marry my daughter to your son." her mother is a plea to Grandma.
Grandma agrees to their marriage, Which She doesn't understand why?
Aubrey tries to stop her mother but She couldn't because her mother is determined to marry and they got married.
At present.

Aubrey wipes her tears.
"Happy marriage anniversary to me" She just muttered with a sad smile.
"You were right mum, A poor girl like me doesn't have the right to love a wealthy boy like Evan. I should listen to you. But I love him, mum. I tried not to love him for three years but my heart didn't listen to me. what should I do?" Aubrey is just sobbing.