"A Nice Date"

Aubrey's Pov-

"DELICIOUS, I'm sick of eating foreign hamburgers and crunchy fries" Lucas groaned when he eats food that I made. I was happy that he liked the food I made it. We all have breakfast. Evan's temper is not bad as last night.
"It's so delicious Grandma, I want to take the chef with me." "You can't take your sisters-in-law away from your brother" Grandma replied to Lucas. When grandma replied I look at Evan who was also looking at me."Aubry, you are such good at cooking. I am an envious big brother" Lucas said to me and I don't know how to respond. "Mom, Find me a bride like Aubrey," Lucas said to his mother Camilla. "Why don't you just ask Evan to divorce Aubrey and let her marry you," Mrs. Jane said while staring at me. I looked at Evan who was having his breakfast like he didn't care about anyone. The atmosphere becomes awkward for me. "I don't want to ruin her happiness who is already in so much love with her husband." Lucas genuinely smiles at me. I know he wants to make the situation less uncomfortable for me. I looked at him and smile.

In Evan's room-
I was looking at my clothes" What should I put on" "You should wear this" I feel hands near my face. Evan was standing behind me and pulled out a white dress with a blue denim jacket. " Is it rather hot to wear a jacket?" I take a dress and jacket from, Evan. "It will be chilly at night. So this will keep you warm" I was happy when I heard his words." okay" I smile and changed into a dress and jacket. I come out of the washroom Evan was still standing there. I looked at myself in the mirror. Evan was standing behind me." Something appears to be missing" He put his finger on his chin and thought. I scan myself in the mirror but I didn't feel anything missing. "What missing?" I asked him. He hold my hand." Let's go" he said. "Where?" I asked him but he didn't reply I just follow him. We got into the car he drove us to a mall." Get off" He told me. I looked around"Why we are here?" I show you a big shopping complex. He turn and looked into my eyes" It wouldn't look right to keep going around looking like a bum When you have Evan Cooper as your husband. Don't you agree?" I know my dress is cheap but I never feel ashamed wearing these because this is something I earn. Evan grab my face and flipped toward him "Let's try making it a nice date" I nodded and we go into the shopping mall.
"Hello, Mr.Cooper, We will show you to the personal shopper room" As soon as we enter all the staff members vow him. "No, We'll shop on our own today. My guest doesn't appreciate such things" Evan tighten his grip on my hand and smiled. We enter the shop "Look If you like anything" Evan said to me and I looked around the dress. I like some of the dresses. When I see the price tag I was studded How can a piece of cloth can be so expensive? I put it back. When Evan see me doing this he come near me and said: " Let me pick". He starts picking up dresses without seeing their price tag. He give me a bundle of dresses "Try them on and let me know if you need another size" He told me. I go to the changing room. I wear a floral mini dress corset off-shoulder ruffled sexy puff sleeve dress. It was a pretty dress. I come out to wear the dress. I looked at Evan who was busy looking at his phone. I cough a little to grab his attention. He looked at me. His eyes freeze on me. He stare at me but didn't say anything. I thought that dress is not looking good on me. "Woww, You have a very nice physique ma'am. Anything would fit you quite nicely" "Are you a Model ?" "Very beautiful ma'am you look like an actress" "Many people can't pull off a bright color like that" All the sale personal compliment me. It makes me so happy. "Oh, Thank you so much" I thanked them while blushing. I turn my gaze on Evan. " I think it looks nice on you. What do you think do you like it?" He asked my opinion "I don't know much about fashion" I was just happy that he compliment me." Come here for a second" He called me near him. He pull out my hair bad from my hair " I thought I'd fix you a bit" he brush my hair with his finger "Now perfect" He turn me to the mirror. I looked at myself in the mirror I was looking at a completely different person.
I tried over 50 dresses. Evan buys it all. I don't understand why he is doing this. If he is acting, he should take up acting. He is more of nature than I am.
"Are you tired? How about we take a break?" he asked me "That sounds good. I'm a bit tired after all that changing.''
He hold my hand " Let's go for some coffee' I nodded. After coffee, we look at some other shops as well. It is already evening. I looked at him maybe this is how he is when he is dating someone but I can't really imagine him acting like this.

"Thank you, You didn't have to buy those dresses for me." After roaming around we decide to go back home. "Why are you working day and night taking care of my family?" He asked me. I looked at him he was driving I am his wife and in his family, I don't count. " I am not doing it to get anything out of it. I'm just taking care of my family even if you don't accept me as your family member. You may think it's pitiful but for me, Grandma, Mrs.jane, Jenifer, and you are my family. I know they and you dislike me because of what my mom did. But they were kind to me and my mother before our marriage." "Mrs. jane always gives mom her clothes and Jenifer gives me her toys and dresses" I mutter everything to him. even though I know the clothes and toys they give us are used and old. But they are not bad people. We reached home. He gave me all the clothes he buy for me. " I expect you to actually wear these clothes," He told me "I will" I accepted it.