Coffee Mudhal Kadhal Varai -3

"Shriya is going to marry the same groom to save the honour of our family!" His words echoed around the room.

Shriya stood there rooted to the ground and there was pin drop silence. Her eyes turned towards her parents who were also shocked to hear it. She understood that they were also not aware of what was happening there.

Her uncle, being the eldest of the family, had a say on each and everything in their family. At times even though her relatives weren't convinced with his views, he made them agree to his words saying that he is the head of the family. But Shriya was never scared of him.

"Why should I marry him?" Shriya asked him back, not fearing about his audacity.

"Shriya!!" Her dad called her name to stop her, but she didn't listen to him.

"Tell me uncle, WHY SHOULD I MARRY HIM?" She asked in a stern tone, making everyone's eyes go wide.

"You don't talk to me in that tone!" Her uncle raised his voice.

"Then tell me!"

"You are going to save our family's honour which your sister didn't! Is my explanation enough!" He yelled at her.

"Shriya please calm down..." Shriya's mother ran to her to make her listen to them. But deep down even she felt bad for putting her daughter in such a situation. They can't oppose her brother in law too...

"Why are you punishing me for what Swetha did?" Shriya asked him furiously.

"She left us and no one dares to take her name in this house again! Now talk about what we are going to do next!" He ordered her.

Shriya turned towards her parents who were looking at her helplessly. From their look she was able to understand that they were feeling bad for forcing her.

"Is this what you dreamt of pa? To get married to someone who your brother chose? To be forced to get married without even knowing who he was and what he does?" Shriya asked her father and he looked away in guilt.

"You don't have to worry about him! He is a nice guy and he will take care of you well!" Her uncle replied.

"Then why didn't your daughter get married to him instead of running away?" Shriya snapped him.

"Didn't she tell you before running away? Wasn't that your plan? You would have been the one who gave our daughter this idea" Her aunt blamed Shriya.

"Why would I suggest she run away? If I had known about this earlier, I would have asked to stay here and fight." She replied to her aunt and went near her parents.

"Amma, appa, you know everything about me. I know you both are feeling bad for me now and I understand your situation too. Please let me go..." Shriya said and her mother hugged her immediately bursting into tears.

"You don't have to bear the punishment for what Swethadid.  We will manage da..." Her father said and kissed her forehead.

"Why can't you just marry him? Do you know what humiliation we will face if this news comes out?" Her uncle pulled her away from her parents.

"Is your family's honour more important to you than our happiness?" Shriya's father finally voiced out.

"I bet she is in love with someone and that's why she is refusing to marry him."

"Do you think if I was in love I would not have told my parents? Or do you think that I would love someone whom my parents won't like?" Shriya questioned and her parents looked at her proudly.

"Tell me about this uncle. If you had a son and his prospective bride ran away before her wedding, would you be happy to accept the bride's sister as your daughter in law? Will you treat her with all due respect?" She asked and their faces went pale.

"Then what guarantee do you have for my life?" Shriya asked with a smirk.

"Is this how you raised your daughter? Won't she respect her elders?"

"My daughter is speaking the truth which I failed to! I have no regrets on it." Shriya's father said proudly.

"I can't stand here for another minute. Give me the house keys pa. I'm leaving for Chennai." Shriya said and her father handed over the keys.

People were still arguing over Shriya's stubborn behaviour but her parents ignored them and stood silently.

Shriya took out her mobile and called Swetha.

"Shriya...." Swethacalled her name in a low voice.

"You idiot! If you're running away, won't you inform me? I would have come with you na.. do you know what's happening here? Where the hell are you now?" Shriya loaded her with questions.

"I'll tell you an address. Please come here.."

"Whose house is that and why should I come there?" Shriya asked her angrily.

"Huh, your mother in law's house! Come here girly." Swetha mocked and ended the call.

Shriya checked the address and it was around 2 kms away from her uncle's house. She sighed and took an auto to go there.

Shriya waited as she rang the doorbell. A minute later Swetha opened the door and dragged her inside.

"Why is this shady behaviour?" Shriya asked her sister angrily.

"I'm sorry Shriya... I couldn't marry him or stay in that house." Swethareplied as she cried.

"Then why didn't you tell me beforehand? Do you know what they were trying to do? They asked me to get married to him instead of you!" Shriya told her.

"If I had known or even if I had a slightest doubt that they would bring you into this, I would have definitely told you." Swethawhispered as she hugged Shriya tightly.

"I am not in love..." Swetha told her softly.

"WHAT???"

They heard a knock on the door and Shriya started getting panicked.

"It must be Rajiv and his friend." Swetha said and went to open the door.

"Rajiv? Isn't he your fiance?" Shriya asked, shocked.

Swetha walked in followed by two other people.

Shriya's eyes widened seeing Rajiv along with Nikhil.

To Be Continued .

I don't know how this chapter turned out to be. Please do share your reviews.

The last chapter of this story will be updated ASAP.