'My Moon' •lee minho•

Start from the beginning

The boy's eyes went wide as he stood back, watching you drown out the sound of his voice with your louder one. Apparently you hadn't read that far into the book since there was no death yet.

An amused grin appeared on his lips.

"You haven't read that part yet? Oh it was so sad..." the boy said, pretending to be sad as you kept your hands pressed against your ears in fear that he would spoil it.

He let out a laugh and pulled your hands off of your ears slowly. "I won't spoil it,"

You looked back up at him for a moment. Even with the lack of lighting you could see the reflection in his eyes. He seemed to be holding constellations in them.

Before you knew it, you were staring too long in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name," you snapped back into reality, leaning back against the backrest of the bench so you weren't inches away from the boy's face.

As a smile spread across the boy's lips, you felt instant butterflies in your stomach. You could even feel your ears getting warmer just from a flash of his smile.

"Lee Minho," he said, still smiling. You only smiled back in attempt to fluster him but you were pretty positive that you already achieved that.

"Y/n," you introduced yourself, angling your chin up. You patted the empty bench spot next to you, "join me,"

Minho raised an eyebrow. "What if I spoil the book?"

You let out a soft laugh and watched him sit down.

"Then I'll just have to mess up that pretty face of yours."

That entire night was spent with you and Minho talking about yourselves and getting to know each other better. Even your personalities were similar.

You two clicked instantly. You were constantly cracking shameless jokes most of the time, and Minho would laugh at them after teasing you by just giving you a judgy look and pretending that he didn't find them funny. But he couldn't hold in his laughter at a horrible joke of yours. Even you laughed at yourself because you messed it up.

He loved you.

But he never got the chance to tell you.

Minho swallowed harshly, looking up at the beautiful blossom tree above him. He then shifted his glance to the full moon in the starry sky. A soft smile appeared on his face, but it was different from that night.

It was hiding his pain.

"Y/n..." Minho spoke softly, his voice longing to break as he looked down at his hands on his lap.

His vision was getting all blurry and it made him all frustrated and mad. He promised himself that he would get through what he had to say without crying. He didn't want to upset you any more than you probably already were watching down on him.

"Do you remember that night?" he asked, looking at the moon that seemed so close he could almost touch it, yet it was so far away. The moon seemed to be glowing extra bright tonight.