Chapter 3

Ambareesh's POV:

Awkward silence filled the air as they shifted nervously in their place. I cast my gaze down to the floor pondering over what I just said. Getting marraid is highly awful and disgusting!

Who on earth is she? why didn't she say no to this alliance? Why does she want to marry me? why does anyone want to see me marraid? Why the hell am I thinking so much?

"Well?" I enquire hesitantly, my back faced towards them as I nervously fiddled with my sword.

"Ambareesh...are you sure about this?" Farhan dares to speak up before I take a place on the bed. Their endless drama requires me to sit, I really hope to never face another idiot like this.

Oh! I have to face more! my wife!

"My Prince," A soldier enters my chambers, bowing down and Farhan screams. So much drama to face.

Yes, he screamed followed by Ekansh shrieking. "Don't come in! Don't come in! Aaarghhh!" Rascals.

"Shut up!" I snap back, shutting them up. I really hope that these people aren't physco or else I'll have to spend all my time on treating them.

"The queen has asked me to give you this potrait," the soldier  states not before placing the scroll on the table as I sigh in dissapointment. Why on earth should I be concerned about a dumb woman who'll make no sense in my life whatsoever. Why me?

I ignored the potrait but couldn't help myself from testing her name on my tongue.

"Chandravati." It rolled off smoothly.

I found her name to be beautiful but that didn't mean my opinion would change.

"My Prince-" The soldier starts again and I glared at him. "Your mother told me to make sure you see this potrait before I take your leave."

"Hand Maa the potrait and tell her that I have no interest in getting marraid to this. I want to see the Princess actually, got it ?" he nodded aimlessly. "Then leave!"

"Y-yes" he stutters and hurries out of my chambers only for me to let out a frustrated groan and throw a death glare at my friends.

"Either you guys stop my marraige or I'll do it myself." I gritted my teeth. Enough is enough. I don't want a wife.

They nodded. "You do it..we wouldn't want to die in the hands of your decisions" Great!

I just stared at them.

"We do live in a twisted world," I speak up after a minute as the door opened to reveal my cousin brother - Aayush Rao.

“Yes?”

“Ambareesh. I am sorry to intrude, but I was told to come get you,” he said with his head down.

“Why is that?” I asked with a coldness in my voice that I hadn’t had since our conversation started.

“Your parents apparently want to meet you.”

"I'm glad," I speak through clenched teeth and walk past all of them, without another word.

                                            • • •                                             

“Someone is just a tad bit presumptuous.” Farhan snickered beside me. “She’s already packed, Ambareesh.”

I had to come to see my wife atleast, after getting abused by my Father just a few moments ago..that was the only thing he desired from his 'bratty son'. Also, Maa convinced me to go see her and take a look at the future Queen of Mewar making sure to spend quality time with her. Hence, I'm here trying to think of how will I welcome her into my arms.