Chapter 6: Chronic Wounds x Out Of x Sadness

Y/n

There's words coming out of this random guy, angry about how this phase of the exam is. I don't bother to care.

All I can tell is that he's fighting with the examiners.

I failed.

There's always next year, yeah?

No, I failed. There shouldn't even have to be a next year.

There's blood stinging through my nose, the tinge of metal. The back of my shirt becoming damp.

"Hey," Callum's voice from besides me echoes into my head. Going into one ear and out the other.

"We need to—"

What snaps me out of my self deprecation is a burst of dust and gravel as something plummets from the sky and straight into the ground.

Luckily no one I cared about was close to the force, or the crater that was the cause of the fall.

"Wait, who's the old man?"

All this dust and gravel is making my head hurt. I can feel the new appearing wounds—thank god they're not that much—seeping into my shirt. It makes me feel disgusted.

"Remind me of whatever the fuck is going on." I grip onto Callum's shoulder tightly. "My head hurts."

"Yeah..." he whispers, eyebrows narrowing sincerely. "Of course."

I can't hear, or focus on anything after that. Only the splitting headache and the slow blood lost.

Time passes that's all I know for sure.

"Y/n, we're going in an air ship." Callum's voice comes out bleary to me. But I still comply. "We're going to continue the second phase. Just pull through a little longer, okay?"

Of course. It's not like I have a choice. I black out for a small moment there.

~*~

"I'm going to pull your shirt up for a moment, assess the damage." Callum whispers close into my ear.

I merely nod and let out a light noise in return.

I don't care who's looking just fucking fix me. We're assumably in the air ship, telling how Callum just set me down after we ascended some stairs.

"Does she need?—" Alice.

"No!" Hisses the blonde.

I can't tell in detail what happened. Just that they patched up my wounds.

"Y/n, we can't put the adrenaline in you yet okay? Your heart can't take it right now. We're heading to the second phase, just sleep and we'll let you know when we get there. Don't pull out on us now." Callum explains.

"Yeah... whatever." I murmur back. Let me sleep.

The cuts sting.

Gosh why does this shit hurt so much?!

...

Only love can hurt like this I guess.

~*~

3rd POV

"You don't care what happens to her?" Hisoka asks again to confirm.

Gittarackur doesn't reply outwardly, giving the same groan and grunt of a response.

Hisoka takes it as a yes.