Chapter 4: No x Zoldyck x Family

Y/n

"Gon!" Lay-Oreo yells.

Stupid kid! He's going to get himself killed.

"Is that a fishing pole?" Hisoka queries (rather stupidly). "How original."

Oh my fucking goodness. He's a blind clown, too. Could it get any worse?

The troll doll proceeds to take methodical steps towards Gon. "I'd like to see it. Do you mind?"

Of course not. Common sense, yeah?

"Leave him alone..."

Oh and it just gets worse.

Lay-Oreo gets up from off the ground, his wooden club still in hand, then yells, "your fight's with me!"

I'm getting second band embarrassed just from watching this.

As expected, the tall fool gets punted in the face with a swift uppercut from Hisoka. I don't feel bad but damn, it must hurt.

Gon takes that chance to launch an attack at him, fishing pole up in the air ready to strike down. But right when he believes it to smack onto Hisoka's head of troll doll hair, he dissolved into smoke.

Wow! I wonder how he did that.

"Did you come here to help your friend?" Voice smooth as silk, Hisoka's chin based onto the palm of his hand, now incredibly close to Gon.

I can't see anything anymore, due to this incessant fog. But only the slightest hints of fighting with light voiced grunts and sounds of breaking air—which I assume are Gon's swings with his fishing pole.

Then it stops. So suddenly.

I can't hear anything. Quite worrying cause Gon was pretty loud with his fighting.

The fog decides to thin up that second, thankfully so, because there's a silhouette of a small child being choked out by a 6'2, dented water bottle.

In a matter of seconds Gon's flung to the floor, my own force intercepted with Hisoka's fingers in tension with the young boy's throat.

"That's good enough." I swing my arm, fist below his chin, an attempt at an uppercut.

In doubly time, Hisoka has managed to fling himself back so fast it seems like he teleported.

"Oh." He gives a disgusted frown. "It's you."

"What do you mean it's me?" Rage furrows within my chest.

He tuts, rolling his eyes, going from a bent fighting stance to a straight one. His expression shifts contemplatively. "Both of them pass."

Passing... yeah.

"Not you." His tone turns dark, grisly and full of discreet promises.

I can't see it from afar but I can simply feel it. His bloodlust and absolute murderous will. Ah, he wants to kill me. Honestly, wouldn't be the first time. He needs to get in line though—

The paging interrupts him from killing me. I can't hear but I can see him pocket out a radio from his pants. Something about the second something. I can infer that that they've almost made it to the second site.

He sighs blissfully, pocketing the communication device. "I assume you both can find your own way back." He states to Gon while he maneuvers around, shifting Lay-Oreo onto his shoulders.

Not me, but Gon. Probably cause he doesn't give two shits about me.

Gon nods in awe, and we both watch Hisoka trudge his way into the forest, disappearing right into the fog.