Chapter 2: The Wish x To Be x With Family

Y/n's POV

We've been running for about twenty minutes now. Callum and Alice are behind me by several people, I know they're fine. All I need to do is pay attention to the boy who I think is Killua and the clown-magician monstrosity.

It's a bit weird. Tailing behind a younger boy, a child—ew, just saying it feels weird—but you can't help but feel a little excited at the thought of talking to one of your siblings. You haven't talked to Illumi in thirteen years; you've only heard of him.

The troll doll looking-thing on the other hand is free real estate as he's managed to kill someone already. It's no wonder that everyone here is at least wary of him.

Killua(?) is riding a skateboard, occasionally setting his foot down to push off and maneuver. He moves around a tall, office-suit man—what's someone from an office doing here? Looking for a career change in your late twenties?

"Hey Kid! How about you show a little respect for the exam?!" The suit clad elder shouts, from behind it looks like his jaw unhinges enough to

"What do you mean?" He replies, cooly. Oh my gosh, he sounds so young!

As far as I know, right after I left, about a year; mom and dad had another kid. As if to cover up their own incompetence of not knowing how to care for me.

I haven't seen a picture of Illumi in years so the only thing I remember is his silly prepubescent hair, mop bowl cut. And I remember Milluki when he was four, who used to be really small but then fattened up pretty quickly. Other than that, I haven't seen any pictures of the other family members, nor have I had any contact with them. Besides Grandpa Zeno. And all he tells me is just how they look, what their names are, the basics. But the others don't come to see me or anything.

A bunch of cryptids they are.

"I mean! Quit using a damn skateboard! That's cheating!"

"How's that?"

"How?"

I hope I don't have to step in. I have a dampener on my abilities and I don't want to have to use any of them while on restraint. Its more exhausting, like trying to move your arms with a back-correcter on.

"This is an endurance test! That's how!"

"No it's not." Another voice comes in, just as young as Killua(?) is.

"What are you babbling about now, Gon?" Gon being the black haired boy with hair shot up pretty high. He's shorter compared to the thirty something giant running in front of him anyway.

My attention discreetly turns to the much shorter boy; I still have to act like I'm running and not paying attention to anything else.

"The examiner only said we had to follow him, that's all."

That gets a visceral reaction from the suited man. While Killua's(?) skateboard slows back to meet eye to eye with the black haired kid.

"Hey, how old are you?"

"Twelve years old."

That seems to get a reaction from Killua, his face going from interested and impassive to brightening.

Did I just see my little brother(?) make a friend?! Is this his first friend? Does he have others at home?

He's contemplative for a bit, but in thirty seconds or so, Killua(?) kicks off his skate board, the force tossing it into the hair as he takes it and slings it in between his side and armpit.