Chapter 1: Thirteen x Years x Later

Y/n

"This tunnel is hella dingy." I lean into Alice's ear, a strand of her short hair is tucked behind her ear, allowing you access.

"I was thinking the same thing. I don't know how Arjune and Izazel dealt with it." She frowns.

We've just entered the area but we've walked to the middle of the group by moving along the side of the wall. We're hung back to the side of the wall in the middle of the sea of contestants. The perfect view to assess everyone.

Everyone has a badge number. Right now, we've managed to make up to the early 400's.

You think I could kill everyone here?—

That little fat dude—Tonpa? Was that his name? Or Tony?—came around to poison us with whatever. I couldn't care less to pay attention.

I only know of him because Izazel and Arjune warned us about how he would try to gain our trust and backstab us with a poisonous drink. And how he was so notorious for being the 'Rookie Crusher', the Hunter Committee must be made of a bunch of idiots if a fool like that can manage to get in multiple times.

"Remember that the location of their exams was at a different area." Callum intercepts from my right.

"Yeah—" My sentence stops in its way when there's a wretched and pained scream coming from amongst the silence and tension.

I move past Callum and Alice, maneuvering through the group of people into a semi visible area.

There's a man on his knees, both nubs of what previously used to be his arms in the air; dissipating into red plum blossoms.

But that's not the only thing. No, something much more—vivid, significant, and beautiful takes center of my line of sight.

"My~ how unusual. Seems this poor man's arms have turned into flower petals." His arms come out of their folded positions. "Now you see them, now you don't."

In the center is a tall man with the proportions of a dented water bottle, but I guess that's part of his attraction. Leading to his high updo of pink gelled hair. Finished off with a star and teardrop right under his eyes, in the middle of his cheeks for a dramatic look.

I'm unsure if his skin is actually that pale or if he's painted it on. All I know is that he has to drop his skincare routine right the fuck now.

Clown aesthetic right there for sure.

"It's Hisoka the magician!"

What.

That's. That's a magician?

If that's a magician... I don't want to know what passes as a clown in these parts of town...

"He looks like an unsavory fellow..." Callum states from besides me.

"Ehhhhh," Alice drawls out, emotionless, from my other side. "Yeah."

"I hope you don't manage to attract his attention..." Callum snidely tease, his eyes narrowed as he wears a shit eating grin.

Alice rolls her eyes. "Don't jinx me." Then folding her arms over one another. "The Chrollo fiasco was enough." She snarks.