chapter eight.

Mulai dari awal

Lydia had sort of made her decision on where she stood, but on the other hand, neither of the girls knew what they fully wanted. Even though it was right in front of them, they just didn't know it.

━━━━━━━

It wasn't long until Isla was dragged along with the fighting until to look for Lydia.

Isla's eyes darted everywhere, all she could see were other skins and walkers around her. She had done what her father ordered, following the unit which was based on finding Lydia and the others. Isla wanted to desperately scream out 'No!' to defend her, but the other part of her told her to just deal with it. It was like she had a devil and an angel arguing in her head, telling her what to do.

She didn't know which one to listen to, although, she seemed to be listening to the angel. Alpha and Beta started to catch onto that.

As Isla staggered on the path, leading the pack of walkers which were behind, in front and at the side of her. There was a building up ahead, derelict buildings which were very high up. 

Of course they were up there. It was an advantage, good thinking. The walkers couldn't get up there...but the rest of the skins could. So it didn't stop the skins from shoving open the door, only to realise it was blocked. They continued to push and shove before the walkers drew closer, luckily the hammering on the door succeeded and allowed everyone to flood in. But the noise was loud enough to alert everyone up above that they were there. 

In front of them was a staircase blocked by more tables, chairs and cabinets. It was highly obvious there would be some sort of trap, but with a little discussion they came to an agreement that only skins would go up. One of the skins climbed over the rubble as quietly as possible, followed by a few others.

Beta looked down at Isla, pushing her forward for her to follow. She hesitantly obliged, stepping onto a cabinet and pushing herself up onto the stairs where the other skins were waiting. After that they all crept up the stairs to possibly ambush the group to find their target. 

But what they didn't know was that Lydia and the group were waiting for them.

Isla crept open a door, behind her was a couple of skins with her. They had split up to cover both sides, Beta and some skins were on the other. Isla couldn't see anything, it was dim but it was of course light enough to see her weapon in front of her. She just hoped that she wouldn't have to use it.

She nodded at the skins to go through and they immediately obliged, stalking past the various cabinets in the middle of the room. Isla quietly shut the door, it creaked and clicked. She firstly realized that the room was full of a lot of cover and was too large to be left unattended. 

Whilst observing the room she heard a grunt and a whack coming from the other side of the room. At the side of a cabinet she saw the knocked out body of one of her skins. Then a whizzing noise went over her head followed by a short huff and thud a few seconds after.

She heard soft footsteps behind her, too light to be an adult. It wasn't another skin as they were with Beta. Isla turned her head around to see a tall, metal stick raise and the person holding it was the familiar blonde boy she recognised easily through the holes of her mask.

Isla dropped her weapon and shot her hands up to then swiftly push herself backwards, her back pressing against the door. "Wait! It's me." She hushed, holding her hands out in surrender to show she meant no harm. Henry tilted his head in confusion, so did Connie as she obviously didn't know what she was saying. 

Most of Isla's face was covered by her mask, the exposed skin was already covered in sweat, grime and muck from walking so far through the woods. She slowly steadied her hands to her mask and gripped the mask, pulling it off her face. There was a few marks of dried blood however Henry quickly realized who it was and lowered his stick, Connie noticed and also put her slingshot down.