Chapter 20. Aftermath

3rd persons POV

Its been 4 months since Donna died and Katrina has been crying every night and so are her brothers. Sara is getting comfort from Matteo but also support, considering Katrina found herself incapable to  look after Rosalie so Sara and Matteo did. Vincenzo and Alejandro spend every hour of the day to search for Donna's killer. Which had them slacking on their mental health obviously that worried Amelia. Amelia tried her best to make sure everyone was well fed and taken care of but sometimes there was no convincing them. Xavier found comfort in Stefano, while Xander found comfort in bursting his knuckles either he did that with a wall, a punching bag or a human being didn't matter to him. 

Adriano went out every day and came back drunk, stoned or both with a girl on his neck\lips. Elijah was deepening himself in work because he was done worrying over the others. And River was busy with the kids at day time and at night time you would find him in a club hooking up with random girls. 

Donna on the other hand was looking at her family in her ghost form, just wishing they could see her  so she could try and lead them the right way. She stood by Katrina's bed every night to wipe the tears of her face it would work if she could actually touch her. She stood next to her father screaming the murderer's name but it was to no avail. She stood by Xander and begged him to stop but he could not hear nor see her. She comforted Amelia by telling she had it under control  which she had not. She tried to help River with the kids but it was no use, they never listen.  She hugged Xavier but fell right trough him every time, yet she tried and tried in the hope he felt her comfort. She tried to snatch the drugs and alcohol out of Adriano's hands but they were glued there.  She tried to convince Elijah to not give up on their siblings and take a goddamned break. 

Every day it was the same shit and every day she failed to lead them back to the right path. She tried and tried but also failed and failed. But she determined to not give up on them. One day she went back but found them all grab their guns and weapons, she felt as though her father had heard her. But he hadn't. he had the right murderer but she exposed herself on accident. She ran to the car while shouting ''Dips on front!'' Only to realize they still couldn't hear her. 

She didn't want to watch them torture Sofia so she spend her day trying to help Amelia with the 3 kids but yet again to no avail. When the guys finally came back, each of them were covered in blood. Some had a lot on them some had just a few clearly visible drops. 

The entirety of those 4 months all the other ghosts were watching her try but fail. Over and over again, Donna burst out in tears every so often when she felt so extremely hopeless. The look of sympathy on their faces was clearly visible, unfortunately they all knew they couldn't help the poor woman. Many had tried to explain to her that she couldn't help them anymore but Donna refused to stop. So they gave up trying to get her to stop even after ten years she hadn't stopped trying to fix them. Since it was her Sara and Matteo's graduation she decided to watch, after the whole ceremony they got hugged and congratulated by everyone. So Donna went in for her hug but just as she had wrapped her arms around Sara, she fell trough and fell to the floor. 

Just now she realized that she was just a memory to them and that wont be changed...