Chapter 28

What do you want to eat?” Lin Qinhe glanced at Tao Xi’s fingers holding the braided string and asked softly.

Tao Xi still looked at Lin Qinhe and said, “I’m fine with anything.”

Lin Qinhe looked at Chen Ting on the side, and Chen Ting asked clearly, “I’ll go down to buy food, do you and Madam need it?”

Lin Qinhe said: “No, just buy him one.”

Chen Ting nodded and left.

When Lin Qinhe saw Tao Xi still looking at himself, he bent down slightly, looked at Tao Xi’s eyes with a level gaze and asked in a low voice, “What’s wrong? Hungry and silly?”

Tao Xi lowered his eyelashes and shook his head.

Lin Qinhe stood upright as his mobile phone rang, it was Luo Zhengyin’s call.

He asked Tao Xi before picking up the phone, “Do you want to come over with me?”

Tao Xi bit his inner lip and nodded silently.

He followed behind Lin Qinhe, who answered the phone and said, “I’ll be there right over.”

The two of them walked in the direction of the ward and halfway they ran into Luo Zhengyin who was coming to look for Lin Qinhe.

Luo Zhengyin looked anxious, she didn’t have time to see the person who suddenly appeared behind Lin Qinhe, and said to Lin Qinhe:

“The doctor is about to intubate Lele. Lele has been crying without cooperating. Grandpa and grandma couldn’t persuade him no matter what. Go and persuade him.”

In the afternoon, Luo Zhengyin and Lin Qinhe went to visit Yang Duole’s grandparents. Yang Duole couldn’t resist playing volleyball with some neighbor children, and suddenly had another pneumothorax attack in the evening. Lin Qinhe, who was about to go out, had to send Yang Duole to the hospital with them.

Lin Qinhe frowned upon hearing this.

Only then did Luo Zhengyin notice the boy following behind Lin Qinhe. The boy raised his head and looked at her. She was slightly stunned when she saw those eyes, and her fast pace also stopped.

Lin Qinhe introduced Tao Xi to her: “His name is Tao Xi, he is my tablemate.”