Chapter 10

As soon as Tao Xi left the classroom, he shredded the paper and threw it into the trash can. He didn’t join any clubs, but he also didn’t want to go back to the classroom so quickly.

So he just wandered around in the Qiushi Building. Most clubs’ classrooms were in the Qiushi Building. Tao Xi saw a Comic Club, a Go Club, a Street Dance Club, a Movie Club, a Science Fiction Club…

There were so many clubs that he hadn’t seen them before. He looked around for a meeting and picked out a few posters of clubs he was interested in in the newspaper shelf on the first floor. He planned to go back to study carefully and read which club he was interested in.

Before long, he unconsciously followed the music and walked to the rehearsal hall of the Symphony Orchestra on the top floor of Qiushi Building. Standing in the dark corner by the door, he saw Lin Qinhe playing the piano through a small piece of glass.

But soon he saw Yang Duole playing the cello not far away.

Everyone in the orchestra performed their own role. The expressions on their faces were confident and calm, as if they were born in a concert hall wearing a Chinese costume. The musical notes from different instruments were wonderfully blended into melodious music under the command.

Tao Xi hadn’t heard this song before, he just stared at Lin Qinhe, just as how he stared at the live screen in the class of Qingshui No. 1 High School.

It took a long time for Lin Qinhe to appear on the screen once, just as how long it took for the moon to be full moon once in the sky.

But every full moon, Tao Xi engraved the moon into his heart.

Now he was standing in a dark corner across a door, awkwardly imitating Lin Qinhe’s gesture of playing the piano with his fingers, as if returning to the dilapidated classroom in Qingshui No.1 High School. Lin Qinhe was still more than a thousand kilometers away from the screen, and he could only awkwardly copy Lin Qinhe’s words with a pen and draw Lin Qinhe with a pen.

He was clearly standing outside the door not far away, but he seemed to have never entered Lin Qinhe’s world.

Suddenly, Tao Xi saw Lin Qinhe who was playing the piano slightly turned his head and looked at the door where he was standing.

He ran into Lin Qinhe’s sight. At that moment, his hand clenched tight, but he quickly realized that the corner where he was standing was very dark and could not be seen clearly, and Lin Qinhe’s sight quickly returned to the score, confirming that it was just an illusion.

Tao Xi left the orchestra’s rehearsal hall. When he reached the first floor, he put the pile of posters in his hand back into the newspaper rack and then returned to the empty classroom.

He walked to his seat and sat down. He took out the final examination papers of Wenhua No. 1 High School that he had asked Zhou Qiang before. At that time, they didn’t use the papers of Wenhua No. 1 High School in the Qingshui County final entrance exam, so as not to hit the county students.

Tao Xi had already squeezed out the time to finish the Language, Mathematics and Science papers. He took out the unfinished English papers and was about to start to do it, but he smelled a faint fragrance of flowers.