The train arrives at Green Hill Station faster than I would have liked. It's a high tower station, so I must walk down to the main road, which is usually crowded with people and cars all trying to move down the street. I make it to the main road, and people push their way down the road home. I step onto the street joining the rat race and doing my best to keep up with the pace of the others. When I make it to my building, I push my way inside and the lobby is mostly empty, with only the flirty receptionist, and the clueless tenant without too much time on their hand.

"Good afternoon, Rae," Donnie the receptionist smiles at me, and I can only smile back in her direction before heading up to apartment 35D.

I moved into 35D, literally 5 weeks after my college graduation. I was still working at a diner-Now I'm working at a bar, and I had to share the bathroom with Dalton and his 3 roommates. Now it's just Dalton, Louis, and Jason-You'd think the three were close because they live together, but they're far from it. Jason is working on becoming a lawyer, and Louis wants to be a cook-None of them are home because of school, and when they are home, they're working or relaxing by themselves. I push into the apartment and Louis is cooking in the kitchen, a drunk-looking girl leans against the counter watching him like he was on the food network.

"Aye! Soncerae back from work already?!" Louis shouts.

"Not at work-Actually just got dumped," I state, shutting the door behind me, and Louis drops his knife on the counter.

"Christ that idiot didn't," Louis gasps, walking over to me.

"I'm okay Lou," I sigh, but he's already pulling me into a hug. He smelled like rum, his signature drink of choice; and he was clearly cutting fish because he smelled like the marina. He pulls away looking me over. "I'm fine," I sigh.

"What's going on?" Jason questions, stepping out of his room. "Did I hear that Dalton dumped you?" he questions.

"You heard correctly-And I have to grab my things because I'm guessing he doesn't want me staying here," I state.

"Well, we don't want you not staying here!" Louis exclaims. "The neanderthal doesn't even do his own laundry!? What is he going to do without you?!" Louis shouts.

"Guys, Guys!" I sigh, putting my hands up. "I know you're upset-I'm upset too," I say, with a soft shrug. "3 years and he's dumping me for some girl, probably a coworker it's always a coworker," I sigh.

"You don't deserve this Rae," Jason sighs sadly.

"I should pack," I swallow my words with a nod, squeezing my hands at my side to fight back the tears. I march back to my room, shutting the door behind me quickly before the boys could say anything else. Me and Dalton's room was practically split down the middle. He had one side, and I had the other, my side was of course the cleaner side. I grew up with rather strict parents; the type of parents that wanted you to make your bed every morning and didn't believe any clothes should have wrinkles on them. Dalton on the other hand was the only child, and his mother coddled him until the day he moved out. Casper wondered how I lasted so long with him, but people can be easily convinced when you give them things they want-Dalton wanted sex, so for him to do things I wanted, I had to do things he wanted. It wasn't much, Dalton wasn't very bright when it came to a lot of things, so he wasn't asking for too many X-Rated things.

I start with my clothes, quickly shoving everything into a duffle before moving on to my personal belongings. Books, movies, posters, pictures. Leaving behind anything Dalton ever bought for me or gave to me as a gift. It takes me an hour to pack, and I keep myself together the entire time. It was hard, but I knew if I started crying, I wouldn't stop. I'm alerted by Casper's arrival by a single text message, and then he's knocking on the front door.