Eighty One

“Your highness! His highness has arrived!”

The door opened and Lucretius entered. He looked perfect and glowing.

The emperor was clearly wearing an outfit designed to match mine. It was an elegant mixture of deep purple and black. His cloak was the color of bright blood. It was such a strong and aggressive color, but it suited him

He looked so magnificent I felt plain standing next to him.

As I stared at him in awe, Lucretius walked towards me and smiled in satisfaction.

“My wife looks beautiful as usual.”

‘But you look prettier than I am.’

I thought secretly but didn’t say it out loud.

After looking at me from top to toe, he clapped loudly.

At his signal, a servant walked in with an expensive-looking wooden box.

Lucretius took the box and opened it to show it to me. Inside were sparkly items that made me exclaim.

“T, these are…”

“My gift for my wife. What do you think? Do you like them?”

Honestly, I thought they were too much. It was way over-the-top gift, especially considering this extravagant dress was also his gift.

However, many were watching us and there was only one right answer for me to give.

Inside the box were lined with black silk. Two items were placed on it.

One was an ear cuff that looked like fairy wings. It was made of opal and depending on the angle of the light, its color changed.

The other item was a silver hair accessory made of four pins and one sapphire.

A silver hairpin with a sapphire.

I paused when I saw it. When I looked up slowly, Lucretius smiled at me gently. I knew why he was giving this piece to me.

It greatly resembled the hairpin I gave to Lisbeth. I guessed he was giving this to me so I would forget about the one I gifted to Lisbeth.

I knew he meant well, but to be frank, it just made me feel uncomfortable, but I couldn’t show my true feelings to him.

I replied politely, “Thank you, your highness. You are always so generous to me. I don’t know how to thank you enough.”

Lucretius smiled lovingly and explained, “I tried to pick out the best pieces for you…”

He picked up the ear cuff and tried it against my ear.

“But anything looks… dull against your beauty.”

“…”

Why did he have to say such weird things like that?

I tried to hide my annoyance, but it was hard especially because he continued.

“Now, I would love to put this on your beautiful ear myself. Would you give me that honor?”

I wanted to slap his hand, but I had to remember there was an audience.

You can do this, Sa Bina!

I pretended to look shy and answered, “Of course, your highness.”

He chuckled and put the ear cuff on my ear. It felt strange and cool against my skin.

Lucretius’s face came close to mine.

Was he going to kiss me again? There were so many people in this room though!