Chapter 14

Niall’s POV

It’s been a week since Isabel got checked out of the hospital. Something was different with her. She has been avoiding me, ever since that day we left to go to an interview. Did I do something wrong? It was odd that she suddenly had interest in Conor, not that, that was a bad thing. “Hey, umm Louis… How’s Izzy?” I asked concerned. “She’s alright. She’s been spending an awful lot of time with that Conor kid, though. Wait… why don’t you just ask her yourself? She’s upstairs, maybe she’ll remember something!” Louis suggested. “Since when did you like me with your sister?” I asked curiously. “I never said that I didn’t like you with my sister. Truth be told, I rather have you guys date rather than Conor. Something irks me about that kid. Now go upstairs and win my little sister’s heart so she can come back to us!” he demanded. Hearing Louis approve of us two, gave me a reassuring feeling. Reassuring and upsetting, because if I just told him in the first place… who knows we could of probably be together by now. I made my way upstairs, hearing her familiar laugh from the game room. “Funny show?” I asked walking in. She was a bit startled for a moment, but it soon faded away. “Yeah.” she answered blandly. I plop next to her, causing her to scoot a little, making room for me. She made a little too much room though, to the point where there was this huge hiatus in-between us. “Is there something wrong?” I asked moving closer to her. “Huh? Uh, no.” she answered uneasy. “I mean, between us. Did I do something wrong? You’ve been avoiding me since the day I left to go to an interview. Did you not want me to leave, are you upset I left?” I kept shooting her with all these questions, not giving her time to even answer. She then covered my mouth with her soft, cold hands. “Shhh. Calm down. Nothing is wrong between us.” she reassured. Her voice was so calm and soothing. I took her hand, intertwining it with mine. “Then why are you avoiding me?” I asked looking straightly into her chocolate brown eyes. She didn’t answer, she just looked at our hands, then back at me. We stayed like this for awhile, just looking at each other. I wish I knew what she was thinking, it would make things so much easier. Her face was flush with a pinkish, red color. I loved it when she was nervous, when she blushed. There was a sudden cough, that didn’t come from any of us. She looked away from me, and up at the person who did. She immediately unlock our hands, and stood up. “Conor.” she said his name with fright.