9

"If you make that loud noise one more time, I'll ask security to accompany- no, throw you out," you glared at Yeosang.

"Security got nothing on me, human," Yeosang continued munching on his chips loudly, "Plus, it's no fun if you don't eat snacks like these loudly."

Your jaw clenched and unclenched as you wondered what to do with him, sitting in your office with feet on the table like he was the boss of you. You even considered revealing the trace so he would move the hell on. "Why are you still here again? I mean, on earth and not moving on?"

"Well," Yeosang tried to remain serious but ended up smirking, "there's the threat on your head. I can't move on without doing something about it."

"Right," you hid your face as you smiled, "And the threat won't disappear if you just move on, eh?"

"Nope," the amusement in Yeosang's voice was thick, "What if you get hurt when I'm gone?"

You looked up at that, "No bullshit about 'all that happens is meant to happen' anymore?"

Yeosang laughed, munching on his chips haughtily, "You're not used to people actually worrying about you, are you?"

You shrugged, going back to work- or trying to, but all you could think about was how you'd cope with his absence when he would be gone. You looked at him wiping his fingers and folding the wrapper neatly before making it disappear with a wave of his hand. He caught you staring at him, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Yeosang..." you shifted in your chair, "When you're ready to move on... you won't make me forget everything about you like you did before, would you?"

Yeosang scanned your face for an answer, finding only confusion, "Not if you don't want me to."

"Oh," you nodded slowly, "And... what do you think would be better?"

"Depends on you," Yeosang's voice was cautious, "I could make you forget but..."

"But you wouldn't want to?"

You saw Yeosang's fists clenching and unclenching- oh, he was holding himself back. "I... I'll be back. If I'm late, go home without me."

Before you could say a word, he was gone and you sighed as you sat back. As if on cue, a knock sounded and you asked them to come in.

"Your brother's here to see you."

Now that was new. You nodded, Dohyun entering with a cheeky smile, looking around. "Where's that pretty plaything of yours?"

Two could play that game, "I see that old hag isn't following you around these days. Finally decided you prefer younger women?"

Dohyun scoffed, taking a seat, "Let's talk... business."

"I have literally nothing to talk to you about," you joined your hands, "so go on."

"You should call off your men. What you're looking for... you won't find."

You frowned. Men? What was he talking about? "You've got the wrong person, Dohyun."

Dohyun fixed his watch as he glared at you, "Are we forgetting about how you've been blaming me for your friend's death since years? And now you're sending your goons to do some sniffing around?"

Your frown must have been obvious because now Dohyun was confused too. You shook your head, "Yeah, I did blame you, I didn't find proof so I shut up. But what's got your panties in a twist now? Who's sniffing around?"

Dohyun scanned you for a good while before sighing, "Someone went to the station and asked for the case files and specifically brought my name into the mess. You're telling me that's not you? I don't believe you for a second."