7

"It's your brother," Yeosang announced two days later when he entered your office after taking a break- which was him just wandering around in the office.

"Step-brother," you corrected as you turned to him, "What do you mean?"

"I checked," Yeosang sat on the sofa, looking angry- could angels get angry? "He's the mastermind behind the accident."

"Duh," you rolled your eyes, "That's not news to me. How did you know?"

"It involves eye contact- I compelled the truth out of him. Don't worry, he won't remember."

"Oh," you gulped, realizing that if he could compel the truth out of anyone, he could very well ask you about the trace any damn day, "but... we need to somehow make him admit it, we need evidence. I don't care about the attempts on my life- I just need some sort of evidence that he's the one behind Dajeong's death, and I need to obtain it... in a way that is not supernatural."

"But here's the thing," Yeosang pursed his lips, "He's not the one behind the attempts on you."

"He's not?" You frowned- now that was news. "Must be some rival of this company?"

"Perhaps," Yeosang agreed, "You should look into it."

"I don't really care, they're lousy, but... I guess I should inform father. You don't have any idea how to obtain evidence, do you? Legally?"

"No," Yeosang pouted, and you smiled to yourself- it was such an innocent action. "Sooo, I guess my job here is over..."

"Hey!" You gaped at him, "What exactly have you done?"

"Don't forget the fact that I just confirmed that it's your brother, so you don't need to look into other people," Yeosang said as a matter-of-factly.

"Right," you clenched your jaw, "So, what now?"

"What- oh," Yeosang realized you were asking whether he still wanted to stay on earth, "I'll just relax and... mingle, I guess."

"Right," you smirked, "Go ahead. Mingle. I need to hear your progress every night, okay? And if you don't make progress... I'll have to take matters into my own hands."

Yeosang put one leg over the other cockily, "And what, exactly, would that entail?"

Yeosang found that out a week later.

"This is a very bad idea," he shook his head and you clenched his hair, earning a hiss of pain from him.

"I told you not to move, you're making this more difficult than it has to be."

You were styling his hair- trying to achieve that messy look that you'd seen on him- that had been natural, but you remembered thinking to yourself how good he looked in that hairstyle- not that he looked bad otherwise. He was always, always looking so handsome and ethereal that you sometimes found it hard not to daydream about him.

And you would never say it out loud, but you were getting used to his company. You were getting used to him, and that was bad, because he would move on and you'd be alone once again-

"This looks good," Yeosang brought you back as he said that, turning his head in different angles, "But do I have to unbutton all the way till here?"

Your eyes went to his slightly exposed chest- god really had taken his time sculpting him. You took a deep breath, nodding, "It's gonna make you look hot."

"This is bad," Yeosang's deep voice went high as he said that, pacing around, and you scanned him- dressed in all black and a leather jacket, he looked dangerous. He abruptly turned to you, locking eyes with you. "You're going with me."