6

"Shut up if you don't want to look suspicious."

"I don't know what to say to your housekeeper, she seems scary," Yeosang unconsciously tugged at you.

You slapped his hand lightly, "You could probably burn her with a gaze and you're scared of her? Way to go, angel."

Yeosang glared at you, and you turned to him, scanning him once- his white button-up shirt and black pants were both formal and casual enough to avoid suspicion for what you two were about to do. "Just... let me handle this. Don't say anything stupid, okay?"

"As if I would," Yeosang rolled his eyes and at that moment, Sierra entered the living room, stopping in her tracks when she saw Yeosang- since he had wiped her memory from the last encounter as well, she was practically meeting him for the first time, yet... her expressions were no different than when she had first seen him, and it made you scoff.

"Who is this young handsome guest of yours?" Sierra raised her brows at you.

"The new bodyguard who'll be accompanying me when I don't need one of dad's goons to follow me, don't worry, I'll talk to father first thing tomorrow," you assured her, and Sierra looked confused- you didn't trust anyone, and for you to bring someone for the most important position...

"Can we talk?"

You nodded, following her in the kitchen, leaving Yeosang wandering around the living room. Sierra grabbed you by your arm, "You wanna tell me who he really is?"

"Exactly as I said. I don't know him from before, but he can be trusted."

"You don't know him and he can be trusted? I don't think so, miss."

You knew Sierra was concerned about your safety- the incident with your friend was the first attempt at getting rid of you but not the last, though the rest of them had been subtle enough to pass as mere misfortune. "I think yes, Sierra."

At that moment, Yeosang entered, touching Sierra's cheek lightly which made her look dazed as Yeosang planted the seed of trust in her, and you watched in wonder as Sierra's expressions changed, now much more relaxed. Yeosang looked at you and you shared a nod, giving Sierra a moment to gain her senses.

"How stupid of me, you must be parched. Coffee?" Sierra asked and Yeosang answered with a yes. Sierra shooed you two out to the living room and you turned to Yeosang, smiling.

"I guess this is what you call fate?" You raised a brow, "If this wasn't supposed to happen, you would have burned... wouldn't you?"

"True," Yeosang looked confused, "It's strange how everything that's been happening is apparently supposed to be happening. I've heard about angels burning slowly, almost fading away, if they did something they weren't supposed to."

"You feel alright, don't you?" You scanned him once, "No burning sensation or something like that?"

"Nothing," Yeosang pursed his lips, "I don't like where this is going."

"You're in for a ride, pretty boy," you laughed.

Sierra served you both coffee, guiding Yeosang about his duties and telling him he could stay in one of the many empty rooms in your house- you and Sierra along with the rest of the staff were the only ones living here anyway. Yeosang thanked her, and the two of you went to the balcony. As you sat in front of him, you felt nostalgic- it was just like that day when he had taken your memories. It seemed like forever ago, like a distant memory.

"Do you even sleep?" You asked, genuinely curious.

"If I feel like it," Yeosang answered, and you made an impressed face.