3

You spent the next few days researching the feather, even when you'd told yourself not to think about it.

You couldn't help it- you were drawn to it, to put it simply. It's not like you were obsessed or anything, right? It's not like you were staring at it for the most part of the night and caressing it trying to avoid the cuts, right?

You were.

Sierra was not happy with the amount of band-aids on your fingers.

"It's like you're that annoying teenager I had to take care of again," she said one day, examining your hand, "remember when you used to be wild? No one could get to you."

"Well," you took your hand from her, "someone did. That annoying teenager died on the hill."

Sierra looked at you with her hands on her hips, "Not sure about the annoying part."

You stifled your smile at that, giving her a side eye as you slumped in the chair in front of the window, "Any update on that?"

"None yet," Sierra sighed, standing beside you, "You really, really think it was Dohyun?"

"If not him, then who?" You asked, "Who would have a good reason to kill me at that point of my life? It's not like our company was too big back then- you'd take potential rivals as possible suspects."

"True," Sierra said, "it's more suspicious because the company hit the jackpot right after that incident. Think they're related?"

"I'm not so sure about that," you leaned forward, "it's the only loophole about the whole thing."

Sierra nodded and left, saying she needed to catch up with some work and you got up, deciding to go for a walk, changing into a casual outfit of jeans and a black pea-coat over a plain white shirt. Tying your hair messily, you put your cane in your bag and told your driver to stay put. You didn't need a shadow- not today.

Not when you intended to actually party and forget about all the things that were messing you up- family politics, your leg, the feather-

And that boy you'd met the other day.

Truth be told, you had quite a few strange dreams about the same event already- you falling from a height, rescued by someone with wings, the feather of which very similar to the one you now possessed-

That someone who looked too much like that boy you'd met- unless it was your mind playing tricks.

And it was your mind playing tricks, what else? There was no way it was that boy, or anyone, for that matter. And you'd believe yourself if you'd stop thinking about the missing piece of your memory and the cuts that feather had given you.

You went inside the bar, making a stop at the toilet where you took out your makeup and applied some- if you'd gone out with makeup, there was no way your driver would have bought your excuse of 'going for a long walk'. Putting on some lipstick and mascara, you smacked your lips loudly, smiling at your reflection, unbuttoning the top two buttons of your shirt. You'd fit right in now.

All it took you was two drinks to muster the courage to get to the dance floor. You swayed along to the music first, glancing around to check if one of your father's goons was here, or worse, your step-brother's. Finding none, you relaxed, smiling at the man who clearly wanted to get laid approaching you, scanning you ever so slowly.

"So," he tried to strike up some conversation, "wanna dance with me?"

"Aren't we already?" You commented on how close he already was.

He smirked, taking that as a sign to get closer and you allowed that. As long as you were dancing, it was fine.

But then he bought you more drinks during that break you took, and led you to the dance floor again, this time his hands on your hips. You didn't miss the suggestive look in his eyes, but you did miss his hand travelling down your hip-