Hello Trouble pt 7

Mandy's pov.

Its coming up to 11am on friday morning and we are just about to  walk through my front door.
Joe's being extra affectionate today i think its just because he's going to the US early tomorrow morning.
Im going to miss him like crazy but it'll be our first test. Can we survive with all the travelling he will be doing? Its only for a few days... he's back on tuesday.
We enter my house and drop our bags in the hallway all of a sudden i suddenly can't keep my hands off him.
I pin him to the wall and attack his neck.
"Woah... sweetheart not now." He pushes me off him gently.
"Why"? I look at him dissapointed.
"We're not alone. Come on." He holds his hand out to me and pulls me into my front room.
There sat there was Kirsty, Zak, Tony and... Jamie?...
Kirsty flew at me and clamped her legs around my waist.
"Missed you bestie!!" She says as i stuggle to adjust to her weight added to mine.
"I can see that." I say as she jumps back down.
"Whats all this?... Jamie? As lovely as it is to see you what are you doing here?"
Jamie gets up and pulls me into a group hug with him and Joe.
"My darling Mandy... Joseph and I have been texting back and forth since tuesday morning.
Ive a business proposition for you. Ive seen enough of you and the bands clips... i know you've got tallent. I'd like to manage you all you have to do is say yes!"
Joe is behind me as my legs wobble and he sits me down.
I look at Zak... its his band ultimately.
"Don't worry about us Mandy... we are already in!" His green eyes sparkling.
"You've done this for us??... for me??"
I look at Joe his hand firmly in mine.
"I meant what i said... you guys are worth more than £400 a gig. And with certain ex boyfriends lingering about I'd be much happier if you're busy moving about...so he can't pin you down. I don't want to not be here and you get hurt again.
This way if im ever away you'll be with the guys and jamie... i just want you safe Mandy."
"Joe... stop. I am safe! Its ok." I stop him from carrying on as i see him getting visually upset...
My nightmares haven't stopped. He's had to hold me the last few nights. Nick has managed to hurt me without even touching me again but in a completely different way.
Joe was crying and it was because of him and my blood was boiling.
"You got yourself a deal Jamie." I say holding Joe close.
"Ok now Zak has been saying despite the fact you rock covering tracks you do have some originals... can i listen to yours Mandy? Ive already heard some of Zaks." Jamie explains.
"Um... sure. Kirsty come with me." Kirsty gets up with me and follows me upstairs.
We enter my room and i double tap with the heel of my boot against a floorboard, it gave way and i removed 3 others and reached in for my song file.
Something only the band had seen. A box full of lyrics and the pen drives with recordings on them.
Some of these words, songs go deep very deep i can't believe im in a place where im willing to share it with others now.
"Hey... you ok with all this?"
Kirsty asked me.
"Yeah im over the moon... i just can't believe he's done this."
"I told you he wasn't going anywhere." She added before giving me a normal hug.
"How are you and Zak?" I ask knowing what was coming in the hopefully near future.
"We're amazing lately its great!"
"Awesome!" Try to tone down my glee as we head back downstairs.
"Bloody Hell girl!.. Jamie says as he sets up his laptop and sees the thick file of songs.
The rest of us head to the kitchen and get drinks while Joe and Jamie listened to our work.
"Thank you Mandy for bringing Joe and jamie  into our lives." Tony wraps his arms around me.
"Tony's right. We owe you a lot. So tomorrow morning kirsty and me are moving in until he's back ok? Joes right i dont like the fact we left him breathing that night." Zak says holding kirsty tight.
At this point i just nod and agree they both have a point.. whats stopping him trying something like that again.
"Ive spoken to work already this morning... they are willing to wave our notice periods if... we help with a wall to wall stocktake on sunday." Kirsty says.
"Thats perfect" i reply.
Suddenly Joe poked his head around the door his expression joyful and giddy.
"You can come back in now." Joe says dragging me by the hand.
"Mandy your songwritting skills are on another level. How about you mix some of these with some covers for your gig tonight... give me a flavour of how people like the OG's."
"Thank you Jamie... " i suddenly go shy.
"Modest Mandy... you're good..  couple that with the bands instrumental skills and we are on to a winner."
We compromised a set list with a healthy balance of both covers and our own works.
We were set and ready for tonight in no time at all.
Having no time or chance to do with Joe what i had planned to do with him when we first got back i perched on his knee in the back garden, whilst Zak fired up a couple of disposable barbecues.
"Im going to miss you Quinn." I say while playing with the light dusting of chest hair sticking out of his shirt."
"Don't...I  know. Its only until tuesday. And then how would you and the guys like a break in the lakes while Jamie gets the ball rolling with band stuff?"
"I'd love it Joe... do you think Zak will do it?"
"Zak will do what?" Kirsty interuppted.
I go white as a sheet.
"Um...." i was so relaxed with Joe i forgot she was here.
"Burn the sausages if he's not careful... sorry sweetheart I've got to go and rescue them." Joe rescued my loud tongue slip.
Kirsty laughs and sits where joe was.
God that was close!