Part 4: Transgender

Start from the beginning

"Can I help you with something?" Asked the woman who came from behind a counter.

"Yes I want this. I am looking to take it with me." I responded. 

"Well I can't let you take it until you pay the money for it." She said. I felt betrayed. Why would I be promised an item and they want something in return?

"I don't know how to pay for it." I responded. 

"Well then don't waste my time." She responded. I didn't know time could be wasted.

"You will let me take it." I said as I was sure of my decision. "I want it, it is already mine." I said.

She turned around to face me and we kept eye contact for a few short moments. "Oh, of course. My mistake that is already yours. Please enjoy the rest of your day." She said as she walked back off to the counter. 

We then approached another store and repeated the process to obtain new clothes for us since ours became dirty. 

We left the mall and proceeded back home. When we got home I immediately changed my clothes and opened the packages. I read the instructions and attached the hair to my head with the clips that were adhered to the fabric on them. They were a part of me now and I loved them, but they were not the color of the moon which made me sad.

"Smooth out with hair brush." I repeated the directions. I looked over and saw my retrieved item from the girl at school. "Hair brush." I said looking at it. I picked it up and mimicked as I saw her do. The experience was even more fun while participating. 

The two boys walked back into the house exclaiming "Hey look what we found!" They said carrying in an older television side by side. "It was just on the side of the road." They brought it in and placed it down by where we slept. 

"How do you make it work?" Asked Number 2. 

"The same way we made the lights work." I said walking over to the black box. I placed my hand on it and told them to do the same. "Now just imagine it working." Electricity began to appear through the glass screen along with black and white moving dots. Number 2 pressed a button on the side of it and a show played. 

"Wow it works!" He said pressing another button.

Number 1 looked at me and observed. "Your hair is different." He said.

"Yes, I like this." I responded.

"Oh ok." He responded.

"I like it too." Said Number 2 as he looked over at it and then back to the television screen.

We sat down on the floor and the show that was on depicted fighting and violence. It was a tan man with black hair very similar to Number 2, though their facial features looked nothing alike. His body was athletic and fit with curves in his arms that looked flattering. He kicked and leaped through the air aerodynamically.

"I want a body like his." Said Number 2. 

"I want skills like his." Said Number 1. The two boys proceeded in observing the man's actions.

I continued to brush my hair. I loved to feel it, this time it was actually there not just pretending. It was just how I imagined it. 

The next day at school people seemed to be jarred by my appearance which I did not understand. People often altered their appearances. We  continued to walk until we reached our class. There was a girl next to me in this class as well. She made a subtle sound to catch my attention.

"I like your hair." She whispered when I looked over. 

"Me too." I said smiling.

She waited a moment and whispered again.