Chapter 8

"Ishaan

"Ishaan... Please take a seat, let me get something for you." Shilpa spoke after sending Jiya off to freshen up. Even though Ishaan refused, she wouldn't take no for an answer. He conceded with a smile and took a seat on the couch while Amarjeet sat down on the recliner.

Before they could talk, the doorbell rang. One of the maids opened the door, and Raunak stormed in. "Uncle! Have you found Jiya? Is she safe?"

Brigadier approached Raunak and explained how Ishaan brought her back home. "Thank you, Ishaan! Thank you so much for bringing my Jiya back home."

Clearing his throat, Ishaan mumbled, "Don't worry, she is safe now." 

This was crazy! Maybe he should just bolt! Ishaan thought ruefully. 

Jiya chose the exact moment to step into the living room.

"Jiya!" Raunak was quick to pull her into the embrace. Startled, she returned the hug but her eyes were glued to Ishaan's piercing gaze. As they settled down, Ishaan fought to keep his cool without letting his emotions wander. Shilpa came over with a maid and served coffee, and snacks to everyone in the room.

"Sir... The threat is not over yet." Ishaan spoke with a serious look, sipping his coffee. Brigadier nodded, "I have increased the security... and the military intelligence is working relentlessly to identify the group. From what we know, it seems like, there was one more troop hiding in plain sight. We will get to them."

"You gave this case to me, I would like to see it through." Ishaan's determined look had Amarjeet smiling. "I knew you wouldn't stop until you reach your goal Ishaan. Fine, you lead this. I will make it official."

"Thank you, sir, I assure you, this won't take longer than a day. I have a strong lead, and I believe, it will take us to their hideout."

"What? Are you sure?" Amarjeet asked quizzically.

"Yes, Sir. I know exactly what to do. I have already alerted my team, and by the end of this week, we should be able to ambush the militant group at their hideout."

"This weekend?" Raunak asked. Amarjeet and Ishaan looked at him in surprise. Amarjeet had totally forgotten he was also in the room. "Shit! I am sorry... I shouldn't have discussed this in front of a civilian."

Raunak laughed nervously, "Array! I am a doctor at Military Hospital. I have known a lot of secrets and know very well to maintain discretion officer. You can trust me!"

Ishaan sighed, finishing the last of his coffee, "Of course." He refused to look in Jiya's direction, aware that she had been staring at him all along.

"I trust you would eliminate the threat, Captain Ishaan," Amarjeet stated when Ishaan got up to leave. "Thank you, sir, I won't let you down." He gave a brief nod and a warm smile at Shilpa before settling his gaze at Raunak, who again thanked him. Ishaan, couldn't muster enough courage to look at Jiya.