Chapter 34

The next morning, Inuarashi and Nekomamushi took all of us to see Raizo in the Whale Tree. Like most of the male Straw Hats, Law fantasized about Raizo as a stereotypical ninja. They met Raizo inside a secret room in the whale-shaped tree, and Law asked him to perform clone jutsu. Raizo initially refused, but the Straw Hats coerced him into it, and Law was stunned when Raizo performed clone jutsu.

Robin stood Infront of a red poneglyph hidden in the Whale Tree. She carefully deciphered each words that were written there.
Inuarashi then explained to Law and the Straw Hats about the four Road Poneglyphs and how they can lead to Laugh Tale.

Law was shocked When Nekomamushi revealed that Kaidou and Big Mom each possessed one Road Poneglyph.

Meanwhile you stood there, staring at the Red poneglyph. You squint your eyes upon finding a  familiar letter among the hundreds of words.
Then another letter...then another...then another.

"Within..the.."

You read it to yourself, very quietly.

"Within..the...world.."

You still struggle to read out each word, in the end you finally read a sentence.

"Within the world..everything is.. temporary."

You notice that the crew have gone silent, they were staring at you.

Robin comes up to you.

"Do you know how to read this?"

"Well..my mother taught me a little..it was a very long time ago. I forgot most of it because of the lack of practice."

"Your mother?"

She looks a bit..shocked.

"Portgas D. Aurora."

The samurai glance and quickly whisper something to eachother.

"You mean that.. beautiful red haired woman?"

A little boy, named Momonosuke speaks up this time.
"She visited us quite often, didn't she? Kin'emon?"

Kin'emon is full of thoughts.

"I see..so she was your mother..
The last time we saw her, it was almost...30 years ago. I never knew she had a child "

Who would have thought..that these samurai knew your mother.

"So you knew her?"

Kin'emon sighs loudly.

"She was a strong and truely admirable woman. Not to mention, extremely beautiful.
Lord Oden had a huge respect towards that person, perhaps that's the reason why he let her study his ancestors' language.

Momonosuke never inherited the knowledge of the poneglyphs due to the execution of Lord Oden at the hands of Kaidou and the shogun of Wano Country..."

You stare at him, surprised. You would've never expected that a simple woman like your mother, would have any connections to the former shogun of Wano.

"If I'm not wrong..Aurora-dono had a heart disease, which prevented her from using her abilities at full power. "

"Heart disease?...my friend told me she had cancer."

Kin'emon was shocked upon hearing this.

"unfortunately back then, even our best doctor  couldn't diagnose her disease properly. That's when she took it upon herself and started collecting herbs and remedies."

You felt bad for your mother, she must've suffered a lot.

"All we knew is that..whatever disease she had wasn't genetic. Thankfully, It also wasn't contagious. "