Chapter 13

Standing Infront of Ace's grave. You can't help but feel some voidness In your heart.

"Who is this person?"
You hear someone ask in the crowd.

"Shh! That's Ace's sibling!"
"Ace's sibling?!"

Shanks is standing right next to you, checking  on you time by time.
For the past few days, you helped them prepare Ace's and Whitebeard's burial, you did everything to properly send Ace away.

Some people might think you handled yourself with grace and elegance, but in reality you were falling apart, little by little.

But it is only a matter of time..till you completely break down,  you're like a ticking time bomb, ready to explode at any moment.
It tooks every bits of strength to suppress those emotions, till the very end.

"Y/n."
Shanks turns to you.
"I saw you at Rubeck island a few days ago."

Then it hits you, that man...you met at the bar.
That man..who brought the bouquet to an unknown grave..was actually shanks.

"So it was you.."
He gestures you to follow him back onto the ship.

"The grave you visited..whose is it?"

He stops walking and turns to you.

"Aurora's "

You close your eyes, slowly tearing up.
He grabs your shoulders and helps you up on his ship. The crowd seems to be inspecting you both.

"You've been doing a great job..holding yourself together for the past few days."

You wouldn't call it great, considering the fact that you couldn't even shed a tear while burying your brother.
You finally get on board. Shank's crew warmly welcome you.

"You have your friends waiting for you right? If you want, I can bring you to them."
You nod, fighting yourself to hold back your tears.

"Luffy is currently with them. I'll contact them with Den Den Mushi and find out where they are."

He notices your facial expression, his face immediately softens.

"You're allowed to cry, Y/n. Don't hold yourself back."

You immediately excuse yourself and enter a certain room.
The moment you were left alone, your felt your knees give up on you.
The tears which were on your face broke down into a slithering stream... You cover your mouth so nobody can hear your sobs.
You recall the dream you had right before Ace's death, which showed three Graves.
your mother - Portgas D. Aurora
Your Uncle - Donquixote Rosinante (Corazón)
And lastly...
Your brother - Portgas D. Ace

Does that mean the dream you had, had already predicted what would happen?
Only if you had woken up sooner...
Only if you had reached them on time..
This wouldn't have happened.
The pain you feel is undescribable, you are crushed both physically and mentally. It feels like your heart has been crushed into million pieces.
You are experiencing the loss of a loved one all over again.

After almost half an hour of your breakdown, you reach for the Den Den Mushi in your pocket .
You don't know why you're calling him, you just want to hear his voice. You want to make sure everyone is okay.

"Y/N-YA! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO REACH YOU FOR-"
Law starts yelling through the Den Den Mushi, meanwhile you sat there, sobbing quietly upon hearing his voice.
Law suddenly stops once he heard your muffled sobs.

"Y/n, are you safe?!"
You heard people gather around him.

"Yeah, I'm safe."
Law notices that you've been crying because your voice is little cracked.