Chapter 1

Hello peeps. I'm back with another new story, huhu🤭. Enjoy reading.

*******************************

Tejasswi's POV.

Fun fact about the heart; if you don't have one, you die! Take it for granted, well, you're gonna learn that it's as fragile as it is resilient. One mysterious little muscle.

Adjacent to the heart, we have the lungs.One breath at a time, we pull the world inside us then push ourselves back out.

Moving down the torso, we come to the liver. Bed of human emotion, seat of anger, the organ closest to the divine. Don't mess with the liver!

But not to be outdone is the brain. Ten billion neurons each connected to ten billion more. The most complicated object in the universe but the adult brain doesn't reach full maturity until the ripe old age of 25.

Before that, well, who the hell knows what's going on in there?!

And finally, the spine, the backbone; strong, flexible, coordinator of brain and body, conduit and coach.

When these five vital components play their part, well, that's how we get through the day, if we do.

Damn!

The thing about these vital components; the spine, the lungs, the liver, the brain, the heart they depend on each other, rely on each other. They need each other for our very survival.

I know you are wondering who is this that is talking about all this vital components now. Let me introduce myself to you all.

I'm Tejasswi. Dr Tejasswi Mehra. I'm working in Toronto General Hospital and I'm the head of the ED. You know Emergency Department.

Currently, I'm having my usual Starbucks coffee and heading towards the hospital for my regular shift. Work is everything for me!

After walking from Starbucks about 15 minutes, I reached my destination which is Toronto General Hospital. I entered in and smiled at the guard. I throwed the empty cup in the dustbin over there and entered into the hustling department.

Patients here and there. Doctors here and there. This is the only department which is opened for 24 hours. I get into the 'Staffs Only' room and opened my locker. I put my bag inside and grabbed my doctor coat.

I yanked off my sweater and put on the doctor coat. I put the sweater inside the locker and locked the locker. I went out of the room to the counter and took my seat. I started checking some case files when my best friend, Harsh pulled up to me.

Harsh : Aneri was searching for you. She was damn angry and was cursing you multiple times.

Oh God! What have I done now? A quick info. Aneri is my other best friend and a surgeon here, specialist in paediatric and Harsh is my another best friend, a nurse. He is intelligent enough to become a surgeon but he loves to be a nurse.

Teja : But what happened? As far I'm concerned, I didn't do anything wrong, did I?

Harsh : You didn't take her calls yesterday and she checked with your mother and learned about the fight that took place last night.

Teja : I wish I could just vanish away now before she finds me because I know I won't be alive if she finds me alive.

Harsh : No offense but I feel the same too. And bad news she is here and watching.. Oops, glaring at you from Bay 3.

Teja : Can't you tell me good news in the morning?

Harsh : In your case, nope!

I hate this human being who is smiling showing all his 32 teeth to me. That's none other than my best friend Harsh Khanna. He have to help me but he is just going to enjoy the torture I gonna get from Aneri.