FIFTY ONE

Chapter song: sweet by cigarettes after sex.

I laid in my bed, the blanket pulled up to my chest. I turned my head to Nate who was asleep. I grabbed my phone checking the time.

1:49 am

I sighed and stood up grabbing some shorts and a t shirt off the floor. I grabbed my phone a quietly walked out the room. I walked down my creaky ass stairs as quietly as I could.

I unlocked the back door turning on the porch light. I walked outside shutting the door quietly behind me. I sat down on the hammock and turned in my phone.

I pulled up Colby's contact. I hesitated for a second.

Maybe he was asleep, I wouldn't want to wake him.

I liked it anyway. It rang

And rang
And rang
And rang.

'Please leave your voicemail for C-'

I sighed closing my phone as I stuck one foot out the hammock using it to swing back and fourth. My phone than started to ring. I quickly picked it up.

"Hello?"

"You called?" Colby spoke tiredly into the phone.

"Yeah. I didn't mean to wake you I just couldn't sleep."

I heard movement the Colby spoke again. "Your fine . What's up?"

"I-" I wanted to tell Colby what happened but I don't think that would be the best thing to do. "I just couldn't sleep, had a lot on my mind"

"Do you want to talk about it?" There was a bit of concern in Colby's voice.

"No. I just wanna forget about it."

"Okay then lets forget about it."

About 25 seconds of silence followed Colby's last sentence.

"Are we good?"

"Yeah why would we not be?"

"I don't know, I guess what happened this morning." I keep messing with the bottom of my shorts.

"It was just in the moment, we're good" Colby laughed a little.

"Alright Uhm, well, I guess I let you go back to sleep."

"No it's okay, I wanna talk to you."

"Oh. Okay well what do you wanna talk about?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

"Okay tell me something funny."

"Something funny? Hmm okay" Colby paused. "So tonight. I got stood up." Colby chuckled.

"Really? Wow Colby Brock got stood up? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?" I laughed.

"Yeah. He did" Colby laughed.

"Yeah?" I laughed again.

"Your laugh is so beautiful" Colby spoke serious.

"Yeah alright time for me to get to bed" I laughed again.

"Yeah okay." Colby said. "Sleep good, text me when you wake up to let me know you slept good. Okay?"

"Yeah I will. Goodnight Colby."

"Goodnight kie."

I hung up the phone, with a smile on my face. I walked back inside quietly and walked up the steps and back into my room, where I accidentally woke Nate.

"Hey you okay?" He asked.

"Uhm yeah sorry, I had to go to the bathroom." I have a small smile as I laid next to him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and spooned me, kissing my cheek.

I heard his breath slow and get quiet. I then heard my phone buzz. I picked it up turning down my brightness. Colby had texted me.

'I know I already said it, but good night.'

I smiled at the text, putting my phone down. I closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep.
—————————————————————————
Cuteee.