Chapter-29: Peaceful.

Start from the beginning

I snake my right hand around her waist and move along with her. "Isn't it all so peaceful?" She asks tilting her head up at me.

"It is" I agree, pecking her forehead.

She closes her eyes and places her forehead back on my chest.

"Tell me what's bothering you Adam" she says in a whisper and I smile at her understanding self.

I rub my hand over her back and think of all the things running inside my head.

"I'm a bit nervous for the upbringing of the little children which are to come" I say finally voicing my thoughts.

She looks at me with what I think as an admiration smile "What? You're the one who asked me what was it that was bothering me"

"This worrisome look looks cute on you" she says with a smirk and I narrow my eyes at her.

"But seriously, you don't have to worry about anything at all, habibi. You are going to be the best father our children could ever have" she says with so much determination that it melts my heart at her faith in me.

"Have I told you that I absolutely love it when you nickname me?" I say smiling down at her.

"You have told me that a hundred times"

"Then let it be a hundred and one now"

"I totally love it when you call me with a nickname" I whisper in her ear and she chuckles.

"You're crazy" she says laughing softly.

"I'm tired of dancing now" she complaints after a moment.

I chuckle at her "Sweetheart we didn't even dance, we were just moving in one place"

"Yeah well, I'm tired of moving" she says exaggeratedly and sits down on the couch.

I sit beside her, debating to tell her the unpleasant news which has been nagging in my head from the moment I returned back from work.

"I have something to tell you" I say hesitantly.

"I'm all ears"

"Okay look at me" I say turning her face towards me.

"This is very serious" I say slowly.

"Okay" she trails.

"I would have to leave the country for some four days" I say finally.

Maira deflates visibly but doesn't say anything for a while.

"You go and do whatever it is that you have to do, I'll be fine here and there is more than a month left until the due date" she says calmly, taking my hand in hers.

"I'm sorry but I don't really have another option"

"Adam it's fine, really and there are mama, baba and my parents too here, you don't have to worry about a thing" she reassures.

There is no other option than to visit the firm outside our country to introduce the project to the people there, because I was the one who was working on it for months.