Chapter 13

TW: HOMOPHOBIA

They arrived at a good sushi place after a fifteen minute walk, since the three of them couldn't fit in Mondo's bike. Finally taking a seat, Taka pulled out a menu. "Ooh, look, Fujisaki! We can share this, if you want!"

Fujisaki smiled. "Sure! I'd love to!"

Mondo couldn't help but wonder why they were so damn close all of a sudden. He couldn't help feeling jealous. I mean, that was his boyfriend... according to the game-

Whatever! It didn't matter. He ordered his normal truckload of food and when the food arrived, he already began digging in. But Fujisaki didn't budge. "I... have to use the bathroom." She said quickly before running off.

Mondo sighed. "Bro, is she okay, or what? You two have been acting shady- are you cheating on me or somethin'?"

Taka's face turned an interesting shade of red. "No! Not at all, it's just... well, it's not my place to share."

Mondo sighed. "Fine. I'm gonna go take a shit." He said, getting up.

Taka was about to let him go before he realized who just left. "Mondo! Wait!"

But Mondo didn't hear him over the loud chatter, as Taka felt rude not matching the room's volume. He speedwalked to the bathroom and threw the door open to see Mondo staring at Fujisaki with wide eyes. "Oh, bro, you're trans?! Why didn't you tell me, dude, I would've called you a he more often!"

"N-no, that's-"

"It's no biggie, dude! I support you no matter what!" He said with a smile.

Fujisaki's eyes welled up in tears. "I... I-I..."

"Mondo, stop!"

"Huh? Oh, hey, bro!" He said, walking up to Taka. "Bro, you could've told me he was trans!"

Taka's fist clenched tightly. "Are you that dense, Mondo?"

Mondo's smile faded quickly and he turned to look at Fujisaki. She was shaking, crying in front of the stall. "Fujisaki...?"

She wiped her face quick, pushing him to make her way out the door. The last they heard from her was the bell of the door closing. "Bro, did I do something wro-"

He was interrupted as a fist met his stomach. "SON OF A- WHAT THE HELL, BRO?!"

"YOU IDIOT!" He yelled, shutting the door behind him. "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT TAKES TO COME OUT? YOU REALIZE HOW HORRIBLE YOU SOUND?!"

"Bro, I-"

Taka couldn't let him finish. He was so overwhelmed with anger as began to tear up as well. "WHY?! WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT TO HER? WHY?! MAKE ME UNDERSTAND!"

"Woah, Bro, calm down! It was an accident!"

"You must be insanely dense if you didn't see her crying as you said that, Mondo!" He said, gritting his teeth.

He wrapped his arms around himself to compose himself. "Dang it, Mondo..." he trembled, crying, staring at the ground.

"Geez, Taka... I really didn't mean to... I'll go apologize to her as soon as I can, okay?" Mondo said, his voice soft.

Taka was clenching his fist so hard, his nails dug into his hand. "Just leave her alone." He said, turning quickly and leaving.

TW APPLIES HERE

He stormed out of the restaurant, covering his ears as he began to walk faster and faster. He didn't even notice anyone in front of him until he ran into Fujisaki. "Woah- Taka?!"

"Ah- Fujisaki! Sorry..." he said, wiping his eyes.

"Woah, why're you crying?!" She said, pulling a handkerchief out of her bag and using it to wipe his eyes.

"Geez..." he muttered, sniffling. "I'm sorry, I know you should be the most upset."

"Oh, no, not at all! I mean, I barely knew him, you know...?" Fujisaki said, though she was still visibly upset. "But what about you?"

Taka sighed, sitting on the sidewalk. "Well... my dad did the same thing to me..."

"What? You're trans?" She asked, sitting beside him.

"No, no. But when I told him I liked guys, he kept bringing daughters of his work friends over to try and set us up. It was so painful having to deal with that every single day. 'How did it go with Yuri?' 'Did you like Kirumi?' 'How do you like Aoi?'" Taka sighed. "It was like he brainwashed me. I can't even say that I'm bi anymore without thinking that it's my dads fault I grew an attraction to women. Like some kind of conversion."

TW ENDS HERE
Summary: Taka had a homophobic father and feels like his bisexuality was influenced by his father's actions

Fujisaki rubbed circles on his back. "Hey, that's not his decision. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. But you being bi has nothing to do with what your dad did. All of your love comes from here." She said, poking his chest. "No matter the gender."

Taka smiled. "Thanks, I-"

"OH THANK GOD, YOU'RE BOTH HERE!!"

Fujisaki and Taka both turned their heads to the biker running down the sidewalk. "Ah. Mondo."

A/N: Any of y'all with unsupportive parents out there... I am now internet adopting you. And I support you no matter what.