Chapter 3- Call me Taka

A/N: Didn't I say I was going to take a break from writing today? Oh well. Here you go.
As the final bell rung, Mondo and Ishimaru prepared to make their way to the sauna. "So, where's this sauna?"
"I overheard Asahina say it was by the pool. It closes when after-school clubs are finished, though." Ishimaru answered, leading the way.
It was a long, silent walk to the sauna. Mondo refused to talk to Ishimaru, not wanting to give him the time of day nor the idea that there was even a chance of them becoming friends. He refused to lose. They met once more outside the locker room; towels wrapped around their waists. "Ready?"
"When you are." Mondo replied.
Ishimaru opened the door. There were already a few people in there, three from their class. "I think I'm gonna leave soon-"
"Aw, come on, Naegi! You said your sister's been stressing you out- this is good for you!" Asahina said, trying to get him to stay.
"Aoi, you're going to make him overheat in here." Kirigiri, the Ultimate Detective, said.
Asahina sighed. "Fine... but I'm gonna stay in here a bit longer, okay?"
Kirigiri got up as well, following Naegi. Mondo recognized a first year from middle school. "Wait, Kaito, is that you?"
The boy named Kaito looked around. "Hey, it's Mondo! Maki, look!"
Maki seemed uninterested. "Kaito, don't reel me into this."
Kaito sighed and sat beside Ishimaru and Mondo. "So, they finally saw your potential, did they? What's your Ultimate?"
Mondo looked away for a moment as he tried to hide his sour expression. Ishimaru took a mental note. "I'm the Ultimate Biker Gang Leader."
"Woah, you surpassed your brother?! That's awesome, dude!" Kaito congratulated.
Mondo tried to hide his discomfort. "Yeah. Awesome."
Maki cleared her throat. "Kaito. You're making him uncomfortable."
"What? He's always like this, right Mondo?" Kaito said, putting an arm around him.
Mondo let out a small laugh. Maki didn't fall for it, though. "Do you want me to kill him? I can. Just say the word."
Kaito shivered despite the heat. "Uh- I think I'll head out now, then! But let's hang out some time! It's been a while!"
Mondo smiled. "Yeah, we should. I'll see you around."
Maki didn't move. Kaito seemed like a handful, so if saunas were really meant to help relieve stress or whatever, she'd be in here for a while. "So, your name's Mondo?"
Mondo finally acknowledged Ishimaru. "Call me Owada. We ain't on no last name basis."
Ishimaru nodded. "That's a double-negative, Mondo." He replied with a smirk.
Mondo glared at him. Eventually Maki left and they were left alone with Asahina, who was already beginning to get ready to leave. She turned to look at the two before leaving. "The sauna's going to close soon. Make sure you watch the time, okay?" she said with a smile.
Asahina had a warm heart. But Mondo was already burning up in this stupid sauna. "We'll be fine." He said in a rather aggressive tone.
Ishimaru returned her smile. "Ignore him, I think the heats getting to him." He teased. "Thank for very much, Asahina. I'll see you in class tomorrow." She waved Ishimaru goodbye and left.
Then it was silent again. "So, do you really want to be friendless forever?"
"I have Kaito to be friends with. I don't need you." Mondo said, taking glances at the clock.
Ishimaru noticed, no matter how hard he tried to hide it. "You're waiting for this to be over. We never said what would happen if we tied."
Mondo sighed. "Why won't you just leave me alone already? Don't you get it? I don't want to be your friend."
Ishimaru looked at the ground with a gloomy expression. "Alright, then... you win."
Without another word, he left the sauna. "Wow... that was easier than I-"
Just when Mondo believed he had found peace, Ishimaru burst through the door again. "Mondo, there's an issue..."
"What is it now?!" Mondo said, getting up and following him out the door.
Mondo immediately saw a problem as well. A lock over the locker room door. Where all their belongings were. "Shit."
"Language!"
"Whatever. What do we do now?"
"I don't know!" Ishimaru replied. "I thought you could break the lock or something!"
"Break the lock?! That's metal!" he gestured towards the silver lock. "We need a combination. Maybe we can ask someone?"
"Wha- I'm not walking around our school naked!" Ishimaru argued.
"Then don't drop your towel. Come on." He ordered, walking towards the exit of the outdoor pool and the entrance to the school.
He tried to pull on the front door, but that was locked as well. "Hello?!" he yelled, banging on the door. "Open the door!!!"
"Please!!" Ishimaru added, knocking on the door as well.
No response. "Well? Your turn, Moral Compass."
"What do you mean 'my turn'? That was barely an attempt!" Ishimaru argued.
Mondo groaned. "I need to get home!" he angrily began walking towards the street. "I don't even care anymore- I'll pick up my clothes tomorrow morning."
"Mondo, you can't just do that! That's weird!" Ishimaru called after him.
Mondo didn't stop walking. "Fine, then just stay here all night..." it was then that something caught his eye. A window to the locker room wide open. "Hey... hey Ishimaru!"
Ishimaru followed not too long after. "What is it?"
Mondo pointed to the window. "Do you think you could fit into there?"
Ishimaru smiled when he saw the window, but his smile quickly faded. "Maybe, but I'm not tall enough to reach it."
"What do you think I'm here for?" Mondo said.
Ishimaru agreed and they made their way to the open window. Mondo got onto his knee so Ishimaru could use him like a step stool. But Ishimaru paused. "Is something wrong?"
Ishimaru's face turned red with embarrassment. "Just... don't look at me, okay?"
Mondo rolled his eyes. "Wasn't planning to."
Ishimaru just nodded and used Mondo's knee to boost him up to the window. He nearly fell on his way back down but caught himself. He quickly grabbed his clothes and changed, slinging his letter bag over his shoulder. "Okay, Mondo! Here's your stuff!" he said, tossing it out the window.
He heard it hit the ground as well as the shuffling of clothes. He looked at the height of the window and his eyes widened in fear. "Uh... Mondo? How am I supposed to get out?"
No response. "Mondo?"
Silence. "Mondo?!"
"Chill out, dude, I was just lookin' for somethin'!" Ishimaru sighed in relief at his voice.
Ishimaru saw Mondo's hand stick into the locker room. "Can you reach it?"
Ishimaru reached for his hand, grabbing it after a bit of struggle. Ishimaru gripped his hand tight as he was pulled through the window, trying to reach his foot up to the windowsill to help himself up. But this time he didn't catch himself and he came crashing down into the grass. Mondo couldn't help but laugh. "Well, I'm gonna head home." Mondo said, grabbing his bag off the floor.
"Yeah. See you t-" Ishimaru stopped himself. "Oh, yeah, I guess I need to leave you alone now... bye, then."
As Ishimaru started to make his way home, Mondo grabbed his arm. "You know, it's not really fair that you got to choose my part of the deal."
"What?"
"So, how about... since I won, you have to... make me lunch every day." He said with a smile.
Ishimaru was surprised to say the least. He smiled wider than ever before. "Sure! I'll see you tomorrow, Mondo!"
Mondo smiled. "Sure. I'll see you tomorrow, Kiyotaka."
"Call me Taka. That's what my old friends called me." He said before leaving.
A smile remained on Mondo's face. "See you tomorrow, Taka."
A/N: So, the way I see it, the order of age from youngest to oldest in this story is gonna be Danganronpa V3, Danganronpa 2, Danganronpa 1. Hope that didn't confuse anyone.