Chapter 10

A/N: I'm done throwing a fit and listening to my angst playlist. No better time to write!

Edit (5 min later): DICE playlist started playing and I'm feeling like an effing king let's do this

TW: Homophobia

Taka fiddled with his tie, red faced and embarrassed by his own discovery. He might be in love with his best friend. "Somethin' wrong, Taka?"

"Huh? I mean- nothing!" He said, smiling and gazing down at the menu.

Mondo paused. "You're right. We left to forget about it. Now, do you want to share a ramen bowl?"

"Share-?" His mind immediately went to an old cartoon he watched as a child.

He couldn't remember the name and it wasn't ramen, it was spaghetti, but it was still the same concept. (Pls what is that movie called-) "Uhhh..."

"Oh, I'm just asking because their bowls of ramen are pretty big. But if you think you can finish one on your own, I'll just order a smaller bowl... unless you want to make it a challenge." He said with a big smile.

That. Smile. Taka looked away quick, trying to hide behind the menu. "Yeah, sure! Whatever you want, Mondo!"

Mondo frowned. "You always go with what I want. I want you to pick this time."

Taka smiled, putting the menu down. "Wouldn't that mean I'm doing what you want me to do still?"

Mondo rolled his eyes. "Come on, the waitress is gonna come back soon!"

Taka sighed. "Fine... how about... we order the biggest bowl here and see who can finish it first!" He said, pointing at a giant bowl of ramen on the last page.

Mondo smiled. "That's more like it!"

Finally, the waitress came to their table. "Hello, I'll be your server today! Have you finished deciding?"

"Yep!" Mondo said, pointing at the menu. "Two number seven's!"

"Please!" Taka added.

She nodded. "Will that be all?"

Taka glanced at the menu again. "Maybe a couple waters as well?"

"Great! I'll be back with your order soon!"

"Thanks." Mondo said, handing her his menu.

He reached for Taka's menu too, so he could hand it to her. Their hands brushed against each other, Taka having the same idea in mind. Mondo blushed, but did his best to play it off, handing it to the waitress who gave them a weird look. Not long after, their bowls arrived at the table. Mondo won that competition, though very sloppily.

Taka paid for their meal after much argument, Mondo agreeing after Taka explained that it was only fair after losing. It was then that Mondo spotted two members from the Crazy Diamond. His eyes lit up. He hadn't seen them since summer. "I'll be right back, Taka! Just wanna say hi to them!"

They were already leaving the building, but Mondo caught up with them outside. "Hey, guys!"

They both turned and looked to him. "Oh, hey, Mondo! What's up?"