Chapter 4- Sometimes those we look up to need help too

TW: Bruises and mentions of sexual assault 

A/N: Before anything is said about the trigger warning, I would like to mention that I'm giving Taka his original backstory. I believe that showing awareness is one step to helping the cause. On that note, if you or someone you know is dealing with anything of the sort, don't ever be afraid to seek help. We are here for you. I will add a warning before any of this appears in the story and add a brief summary at the bottom. Love you all! 
- KichiShumai
                Kiyotaka sat on the curb for what seemed like ages, waiting for his father to pull up in the car like they had planned. He had called him using a phone at the office right after the deal with Mondo, and his father agreed to pick him up after after-school activities were finished but he wasn't here. Maybe he got tired of waiting? Kiyotaka had left his phone at home, not wanting it to ring during class and cause a disruption. "Are you waiting for someone?"

                Kiyotaka flinched, turning around to see the teacher of Class 74, Ms. Yukizome. "Ah, good evening, Ms. Yukizome."

                She smiled. "Good evening. After-school clubs ended quite a while ago. You aren't planning to partake in any illegal matters in front of the school, are you?"

                "Of course not!" Kiyotaka exclaimed. "I'm the Ultimate Moral Compass, I would never!"

                She smiled. "Kiyotaka Ishimaru, correct? Well, how about I wait with you then? Wouldn't want you getting scooped up."

                "Oh, I assure you, I'll be fine on my own." He said, though she didn't buy. 

                "Please, I may not be your direct teacher, but I am a teacher, nonetheless. I can't leave a student out here by themself, can I?" A kindhearted teacher. Kiyotaka strived to be like her someday. 

                He gave in, giving her a nod. She sat on the curb beside him for what felt like hours. Kiyotaka had begun to feel tired, having a very strict sleep schedule. "Maybe it would be better to walk home?"

                Kiyotaka nodded tiredly. "Maybe..."

                Ms. Yukizome stood up. "Come on! I'll walk you there!"

                "Ah- I'm sure I'll be fine!" he said, looking down the dark road. "I'll just have to catch the train."

                She squinted down the street herself. "That's a pretty shady road. I've heard lots of stories about people being mugged."

                "Well, I'm sure I can talk them out of it." He said confidently, grabbing his homework off the floor and slipping them neatly into a folder. 

                Ms. Yukizome smiled. "Well, you and I should both know that doesn't always work. That's why I've got a bat!" she exclaimed, resting it on her shoulder. 

                Kiyotaka jumped back, surprised. "Where did you even have that?!"

                She ignored the question and began to walk. "Come on! I won't bother you too much!"

                KIyotaka hesitated but eventually gave in, grabbing his letter bag off the floor and running after her. They walked in awkward silence for a while. "So, does this normally happen?"

                Kiyotaka shook his head. "No. In my past schools, my house was within walking distance."

                She hummed in response. "Well, do you have anyone else that can drive you home? A relative? Or maybe a friend?"