Chapter 2- A challenge

A/N how tf do you indent on mobile cos I've just been using spaces-
          Kiyotaka arrived at Hopes Peak five minutes early with the help of his father, who dropped him off on his way to work at the police station. He had watched his classmates file into the classroom from the front seat. Sitting in the front was essential for class, for he needed to put in as much attention and effort into his classes and his studies so he could reach the top. Unpacking his letter bag, he prepared for the class to begin as the teacher made his way to the podium up front. "Hello, class. My name i-"
          With a loud bang, the door to the classroom was thrown open. "Ah, Owada. Glad to see you've decided to join us today. Go take a seat behind Ishimaru. Ishimaru, raise your hand."
          Kiyotaka's hand shot up like a rocket. "Here, sir!" He responded, eyeing the student as he made his way to the desk behind him.
          The teacher sighed. "This isn't attendance, Ishimaru. Calm down."
          With that, the class went on. But as much as Kiyotaka wanted to pay attention, he couldn't help but pick out everything wrong with the student behind him. He wasn't wearing his uniform like everyone else, he arrived late to class, and the way he had entered had been a huge distraction to the class. When the bell rung, Kiyotaka was surprised and slightly bummed out by how quickly the time had gone by and how little information he had processed throughout the class. He stood from his seat and stood beside the boy in the desk behind his.
          There, Owada slept in silence. Kiyotaka shook him by the shoulder and he shot awake in an instant. He gasped, sitting up quickly. "Hu- wha?"
          Kiyotaka crossed his arms over his chest. "With your first impression, I shouldn't have expected any less from you, Owada. Falling asleep in class? That's just disrespectful." He said with a cold glare.
          The glare was returned as Owada finally sat up. "What was that?"
          He looked like he wanted to strangle Kiyotaka, but before anything of the sort could happen, a shorter boy interrupted the conversation. "Hey, guys, no need to fight-"
          "Naegi, be careful!" Called a girl from behind him.
          She reached to grab his arms but he pulled back quick. "Come on, Asahina, I'm just going to have a friendly talk with them, right guys?" He said, a nervous yet hopeful look in his eyes.
          Owada scoffed, getting up from his seat. "Well, then, you two have fun. I'm out." He spat, leaving the classroom.
          Kiyotaka was quick to follow. "Wait, ai'm not done yet!"
          Naegi didn't follow convinced otherwise by Asahina. Kiyotaka followed Owada up to the rooftop where Owada had planned to eat lunch by himself. "Why're you followin' me? Got a death wish or somethin'?"
          "Because it's my job." He said with confidence. "I cannot just let you defenestration your education like that."
          Owada scoffed. "You the Ultimate Stalker or somethin'? What kinda job is that?" He sat at the very edge, his feet hanging off the side.
          It made Kiyotaka very uneasy. "I am Kiyotaka Ishimaru, the Ultimate Moral Compass."
          Owada pulled a small bento box from his bag. "And?"
          Kiyotaka, confused, joined him by the edge, sitting a safe distance away from him. "... and?"
          "Don't repeat my question, answer it." He said as he began to eat.
          Kiyotaka watched. He was quite hungry himself, but he left his bag in their classroom. "And... you're breaking far too many rules." He finished.
          "Whatever. I don't even want to be here." He muttered, so quiet that Kiyotaka could barely hear it.
          Curiosity struck. "Why's that?"
          Owada ignored him, staring off into the distance. It broke something in Kiyotaka. "You're so disrespectful, you know." He said, getting you.
          "You'd expect nothin' less from the Ultimate Biker Gang Leader, right?" He said, turning around to look at him.
          Kiyotaka held eye contact. "I'm not one to hold stereotypes against people."
          "But you seem to hold grudges..." he said, getting up. He looked down at Kiyotaka, handing him his bento box. "You don't have food, right? Eat. I'll go buy lunch or somethin'." He said, making his way out.
          Kiyotaka was slightly shocked at his aft of kindness. They were just arguing, and now he was giving him food? "Wait, Owada."
          He sighed, turning around. "What? Is the way I walk against the rules too?"
          "No, I don't think so... I'm just curious..." he started, trying to word what he was thinking correctly.
          "About what?" Owada asked, checking his watch.
          Kiyotaka walked over, giving him back his bento. "Well, you seem like a nice person. But it looks like you planned to eat up here all alone. Why is that?"
          Owada looked away. "It's none o' your business... whatever your name is."
          "Ishimaru." Kiyotaka said. "Kiyotaka Ishimaru."
          "Right. Ultimate Compass or whatever."
          "Moral Compass, but yes, that is correct. And you're the Ultimate Biker gang leader. Your jacket, I think Aimee seen it before." Kiyotaka said, admiring the design. "Crazy Diamond?" He read aloud.
          "Look, I'm gonna eat my lunch up here. Your friends are probably waitin' for you, so I'd hurry before lunch is over." He said, attemptig to walk past him.
          Kiyotaka stepped in front of him. "Friends?"
          "That guy who interrupted us earlier. And that girl too. They aren't your friends?"
          "I mean, I haven't met them before today..." Kiyotaka answered truthfully. "You know, everyone else walked to school with a friend. I was dropped off and you arrived later than everyone else. Do you have any friends?"
          "What's it to you?" Owada replied, slowly getting more offensive as he took a step forward to get past him.
          Kiyotaka didn't move out of the way. "Sorry, I didn't mean to phrase it like that... what I meant was, maybe we can be friends?"
          "A moral compass and a biker? Is that even allowed?"
          "Why not? I see no rules against us being friends."
          Owada rolled his eyes. "Why would I want to be friends with you? Maybe I like not having friends."
          Owada took a moment to realize how sad that sounded. Kiyotaka thought for a moment. "What about a competition? If you win, I'll leave you alone. If I win, you'll be my friend!"
          "A competition...?"
          "Yeah!" He said with his hand held out to seal the deal. "Unless, of course, you wanna chicken out." He said to edge him on.
          Owada looked at his hand uneasily before shaking it with an exasperated sigh. "Fine. Game's on. What's the challenge?"
          Kiyotaka looked around at the school from the roof they stood on. "I heard they just built a new sauna. How about... whoever can stay in there the longest wins?"
          Owada smiled. "Come on, I said challenge."
          Kiyotaka turned to make his way out. "Then I'll see you after school."
A/N I didn't sleep well last night so instead of trying to write the next chapter I'm gonna try to sleep... if that fails, I'll write the next chapter... it will probably fail.