fifteen

"You and Andy have been hanging out a lot recently." Stas pointed out when we were shopping.

We were in desperate need for new clothes so we were at Heather's family boutique.

"Yeah, how did that even happen? No offense, I just thought something was going to happen between you and Colby." Kat spoke up.

During the past week, we've been leaving hints and shit about us two starting to hang out.

"We were the last two awake by the fire so we stayed up and talked." I explained. That was the story we came up with.

It worked though. I looked over to Heather to see she was looking at me suspiciously.

"You've known Andy for years, how come you've never talked like this before?" She asked trying to think about it.

Good thing we came up with something for this too. "I don't know. We never clicked until that night." I pulled off a fake smile.

She squinted her eyes towards me and walked off. She's for sure gonna be on my ass about it.

"Well, I'm happy for you." Kat smiled towards me. We spent most of the day hanging out and talking.

I hated lying to their face, but I wanna see if Colby likes me or not. These mixed signals are awful.

As I drove home, Colby started calling me. I answered the phone while I kept my eyes on the road.

"Long time no hear. How are you?" Colby was basically smiling through the phone.

"I'm good, just driving home. What's up?" I asked curious. We're still friends, but I haven't really seen him much.

He was silent for a moment. "I was wondering if you wanted to hang out." He suggested.

"Yeah, just come over to the apartment and we can hang out." I suggest.

He agrees and we hang up the phone. I listen to music on the way to the apartment.

I walked up to the apartment when I pulled up. Heather would be at the boutique for a couple more hours so we'll have the apartment to ourselves.

It didn't take him long to walk in whenever I first got home. I couldn't help but smile when he walked in.

"What's up dork?" I ask when he walks in. He just shrugs while he comes over and sits down on the couch.

"I feel like I haven't seen you much recently." He frowns towards me. I sigh as I sit down next to him.

"Yeah, I've been busy." I tell him vaguely. I tried studying his face to see what he was thinking.

I feel like he was studying my face. "Yeah, I heard that you and Andy have been hanging out." He told me.

I looked at him for a moment, thinking he might say something. "He's a little young for you, don't you think?" He asked.

I figured he would say something like this. "I mean, he's a couple years younger but it's not bad." He'll be twenty-one in August.

He just shakes his head for a moment and looks around. "You wanna doordash food and watch a movie?" He suggests.

I nodded my head so we ordered Tender Greens and scrolled to find a movie.

"You know, I'm surprised that Andy's not with you now." He brings up Andy again.

"He's editing for Kian right now." I wasn't completely wrong. He was editing.

He nodded while we started a movie. It was nice hanging out with Colby.