Chapter 1

> >  P R E V I O U S L Y  < <

They entered the bakery shop, and a lot of customers were buying and looking around. The store looked new because of the brand new-looking furniture and decorations.

"Is this place new?" Rindou asked as he looked around.

Kakucho hummed. "Seems like it" He then started to get the pastry he needed and paid for it.

"Huh... it's quite popular despite being new" Sanzu crossed his arms to prevent accidentally touching others' hands.

They proceeded to look around and enjoyed the delicious smell of the shop.

"There's only one person working..." Takeomi pointed out as he watched a woman by the counter wrapping the other customers' purchases.

"Alright, we're done. Let's go" Kakucho came back.

The store's bell rang as the door opened. "I'm here! I'm sorry I'm la- Ouf-!" A girl bumped into Ran. The girl immediately looked at the tall male. "Ah-! I'm so sorry!"

"Y/n?" Ran muttered as he took a good look at the girl. The others looked as well when they heard her name.

"...Yes?" The girl answered confusedly.

"Oh my! Y/n be careful next time" The lady on the counter approached them. "My deepest apologies, dear customers... Y/n, apologize"

Y/n bowed low. "My deepest apologies! I didn't mean to bump into you"

"Ah, no... it's alright.." Ran was processing what was going on.

"Come now, help me by the counter" The woman ushered the girl to the counter. The girl called Y/n sheepishly smiled as he waved goodbye at the males.

They watched as the girl tied her hair up and wore an apron. "Excuse for the delay~!, I'll help you with that" The girl smiled as she assisted the other customers.

She has her smile and the same shine in her eyes.

She looked exactly like her and even has her name.

But it wasn't the Y/n they knew. That girl isn't Y/n.

After all, their Y/n is already gone.

. . .

or is she?

. . .

> >  P R E S E N T   D A Y  < <

Takeomi was self-aware of how odd it is for him to go to the bakery at 2 am, where this new Y/n works, just to see her.

And the fact that the bakery was open 24/7 was something that hits close to him. After all, he met his Y/n at a convenience store.

"Oh? Hey!" The female greeted him as he walked in. "You're here again," She said in a positive manner. "Do you have trouble sleeping unless you eat bread?"