Unexpected Encounter

"Soo...I heard a few things about you from Y/N. Amber, right?" Rana asked, walking with Amber.

"Haha, that's me! And you're Rana?" Amber returned.

Rana nodded. She sighed. "I think I might be late," she muttered, arriving in front of Tighnari's cabin.

Rana knocked on the door, waiting awkwardly. The door finally opened as Tighnari walked out.

"Rana? Is something wrong?" He asked as his gaze drifted to Amber.

"Oh, you must be here to see Collei. She's not here at the moment.. oh, and where's Y/N?" Tighnari asked, looking behind the two girls.

"Ah..actually, Ms. Y/N had to go on an emergency patrol route, so she wanted you to guide Amber around Avidya Forest." Rana introduced.

Tighnari sighed as Amber awkwardly smiled at him.

"Hmm..are you sure you can't do it? I'm currently..conducting some research." Tighnari requested.

Rana sighed. "I'm uh..actually a bit late for patrol with Y/N..my apologies," she replied.

"Alright then. You can leave, Rana. I'll show Amber around." Tighnari agreed bitterly.

Rana smiled. "Aha- thank you! I'll be on my way now," she said before dashing off.

Tighnari awkwardly stared at Amber. "So, um, you can follow me." He said finally.

Amber trailed behind him as he walked around the village. "This is Gandharva Ville, home to many children and where our main patrol station is located." He announced.

Amber nodded cheerfully. "If it's alright, may I ask about a few things?" She asked.

Tighnari nodded, a bit hesitant.

"So, when did Collei arrive here?" She started.

Tighnari thought about it for a second. "Around..maybe 4 years ago, if I'm correct." He replied.

"Oh, I see..what about Y/N?" Amber asked again, curiously.

"A couple months ago. She started the postion of 'Forest Watcher' 2 months ago." Tighnari stated.

"Ah..I'd erm..like to thank you, Tighnari." She started awkwardly. Tighnari froze in his tracks.

"Why would that be?" He asked.

"For..taking care of my friends. I don't know how long it would've taken for Y/N's brother to..you know..but I'm glad you were there for her. As for Collei, she's written many letters about how well you've taken care of her. So..thank you. It means a lot that I can trust you." Amber replied.

Tighnari was a bit taken aback. "I..there's no need to thank me, but I appreciate it." He replied with a small smile.

Was it true?

Would you have even survived without him?

"This is the start of the main forest. There are many wild animals and poisonous fungi, so I'd advise you to be careful." Tighnari started and sighed.