Flashback

Monstadt, 10 years ago.

"And remember, do not come looking for me."

"O..Okay.."

I clung onto my brother's hand one last time before his bitter smile vanished as he walked back to the city.

It was nighttime in Mondstadt. As far as I knew, I was extremely far away from the city. B/N kneeled on the damp grass and said he would be back, that he had business to attend to.

This felt..familiar.

I stood there. B/N had told me that all I needed to do was stand there, and punch someone if they were trying to hurt me.

I was scared.

Some time had passed, but I had no idea how much. It felt like hours, and B/N still hadn't returned.

As far as I knew, knights were busy. B/N was a knight.

B/N was busy.

I heard small rustles from a bush behind me and started to square up. It could be a hillichurl, it could be anything...

I saw a red bow that seemed to resemble bunny ears. "I- is someone in there?" I muttered.

Suddenly, a head perked up from the bush.

It was a girl. She had brown hair and amber eyes. She seemed to have been looking for something in the bush.

"Oh! Hi there! I'm Amber, future Outrider of the Knights of..of...um..you get the idea!" She introduced with a wide smile.

"Oh..my name's Y/N, nice to meet you," I introduced cautiously. She looked around.

"What are you doing so far away from the city?" Amber asked, her hands on her hips.

"Um..my brother left me here and said he'd be back.." You mumbled. "And he said not to look for him."

Amber raised an eyebrow. "But..it's dangerous out here. Hm, I'll tell you what! I will bring you back to the city and we can play something!" She suggested.

"But..brother told me to stay here.."
"How long has he been gone?" Amber asked.

"A..a few hours.." I replied, looking away.
"It's okay, let's go back now and give him a surprise!" Amber suggested again.

"Mm..okay, it beats staying out here." I agreed finally.

Amber's eyes lit up. "Okayy! Let's go! Once we get back, we can go to the um..Knight..office..place.. and play hide and seek!" She said enthusiastically.

I smiled and we both started to walk together. Amber continuously talked to me to make me feel comfortable, and I didn't mind at all.

She seemed to be around a year younger than me, which was odd since she knew the exact route back to Monstadt.

"Come to think of it, how come you can enter the Knights of Favonious Headquarters?" I asked.