46- Let me take you away

Start from the beginning

I know very well what those eyes mean...I know very well that no matter how far I try to run now, he is gonna hunt me down to the end of the world!

His hand traced down to my lips, then  pressing them with his thumb.

"Did he kiss you here?"

"What?" My lips move under his fingers.

"I asked did that bastard kiss your lips the same way I did last time?" His enraged voice is deep enough to send chills down my spine.

No...You can't lose your cool Caroline! I can't run away anymore!

I remove his hand from my face and look him straight in the eyes.

"How did you find me?" I ask

"It wasn't easy, I heard that you would be in the southern resort but when I went there you were already gone...Then I went to your room at the Vorsacks palace but you were not there as well. And finally when I saw a carriage with the Vorsack's crest in these woods while returning back to the capital...I knew it was you!" He answered.

"Wait you...You went to the imperial resort...?" I ask fearing the worst.

"Yeah I did and I crushed those bugs that stood in my way too" he says in the most casual voice.

"Don't tell me you...!?" I gasp with shock.

"Yes, Eighty...? No hundred...? I killed all those men who dared to cross my way and stop me from getting to you!" he smiles looking at me.

My heart drops as my worries come true. How ruthless can you be? Actually how could you even defeat so many trained knights all alone??? Just how powerful have you gotten Eric? Or maybe...This is the true power of a half blood!

Was it my fault? Was it my fault for setting you free? If only I had known back then what a monster you were, I would have never...I have made a huge mistake...!

He is no longer that weak little boy I knew...

He is now grown into an evil blood thirsty monster!

"You...how could you!? Do people's lives mean nothing to you? How can you kill people so easily? Have you got no conscience at all?" I lash out at him.

He tilts his head in confusion, his eyes empty as ever gazed upon me.

"What do you mean Carrie? In this world Nothing ever mattered to me...Nor will anything ever matter to me... Except for you! I breathe for you, I live for you and I'll die for you" he says as if it's the most natural thing.

"Eric what are you...!? I thought you were like this because of brainwashing but how can you be like this for real!? Are you really sick in the head!?" I am screaming at this point.

"Brainwashing? Ah that reminds me of something. I have met someone like me, she is a half blood just like me...She has taught me that half bloods are capable of Brainwashing a person using their..."

"Sophia..." I say her name.

"You know her?" He is surprised.

"Yes, I do. You must be really close to her right? Afterall birds if a feather flock together!"  My faces turns disgusted, when I recall both of them together at the church, planning to destroy my family.

"Caroline you have got it all wrong...She and I are not like that!" For the first time his face looks worried.

"I know what you both are like...no need to explain. Anyways it's getting late now I'm leaving, I'll pretend that this never happened." I'm about to walk away but...

Eric gets down on his knees before me.

"I don't know how or where you saw me and her together...but you have misunderstood me. I never had eyes for anyone else, neither will I ever look at anyone other than you! I belong only to you!" He says with the deepest sincerity.

Wait...Is he apologizing because he thinks I see both of them as a couple? What the heck...?

"Uh...okay" I reply and turn around quickly to leave but he grabs my hand.

"You can't leave Carrie...Not after what you have done to me...!" He says.

I turn around to face him and he is smiling...!

I don't know why but that smile gives me creeps!

"What do you mean I can't leave??" I ask but I already know the answer, still try my best to maintain my cool...

"Yes, Carrie!" He says still on his knees holding my hand. His gaze gentle as ever, but really scary at the same time...He smiles at me adoringly but for some reason, it makes my skin crawl and those affectionate eyes make me feel nauseated as hell! 

A gentle breeze blows my hair and cools my skin, as my heart races loudly.

"Tonight let me take you away, Caroline!"

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Sorry for late update! I wasn't feeling very well for these past few days...

Hope you liked the chapter🥰